Welcome to the fresh new worlds of Landmark post-wipe!
You'll notice a lot of changes to pretty much everything, and we have a new series of achievements to help guide you through the basics, so you can feel free to hop in and explore for yourself. However, if you've been playing for a while and you're used to the way things worked before, you might want to take some time to read about what's changed and check out the details below.
Read the Wipe Q&A here[forums.daybreakgames.com]
, and read on for more!
Crafting and harvesting changes
Read the full details here: Upcoming crafting/harvesting changes [forums.daybreakgames.com]
- Basic tier 1 resources are now free, you don't need to mine them at all to build with them. This includes dirt, stone, sand, ice, snow.
- Composite items such as metal alloys and plastics are now crafted from component items (refined resources like smelted copper)
- Crafting stations have been consolidated
- Tree and plant harvesting have been simplified; all trees can now be chopped by all axes
- Upgrading and salvaging have been removed
- Item mods (e.g. “fast”, “biting”) have been improved
- Heartwood, plant fiber, plant extract, and cut stone no longer exist
- Founder’s Pickaxe can now be upgraded
- Non unique plants are no longer harvestable; plants that can be harvested have a special effect sparkle to make them easy to identify:
Read the full details here: Upcoming achievement/progression changes[forums.daybreakgames.com]
- You will gain your building tools as well as other useful items including starter home templates, cave sounder, and starting pulverizer via achievements
- Recipes can now be tracked through the journal, replacing the recipe tracker
- Recipes can be flagged for tracking in the journal or via the ‘watch’ button on the crafting stations.
- Combat progression achievements have purple outlined cards in the journal, and reward character stats
- Non progression achievements are for fun and give vanity rewards
Read the full details here: Upcoming continent changes[forums.daybreakgames.com]
- New biomes: deciduous surface, deciduous cavern, volcanic surface, volcanic cavern. Also new flora for underwater biome.
- Continent shapes are more varied
- Continents are all new, and have brand new names (see below)
- Surface caves are back, and can be claimed (surface caves only)
- Underground cave networks are longer than previously
- Combat NPCs no longer on the surface (except fungi)
- Lower layer enemies are tougher
- Caves are darker
- More ruins have been added
- Bedrock will now prevent you from digging too far towards the outside of the continent in directions in which there are no more caves
Claim Limit Changes
Read the full details here: Upcoming claim limit changes[forums.daybreakgames.com]
- Existing players (who played prior to the wipe update) will be granted expansion slots so they start with 2 base and 8 attachment claims exactly as they have now. (The expansion slots are inventory items you consume.)
- New players who join Landmark after the wipe will start with 1 base and 3 attachment claims
It will be possible to expand up to 8 base and 24 attachment claims
Marketplace bundle exchanges
Read the full details here: Builders Bundles Compensation[forums.daybreakgames.com]
- If you bought Builder's Bundles from the marketplace of common resources which will be free to place post-wipe, you'll be able to exchange them for your choice of tier 1 or 2 resources
- This also applies to copper bundles, which is still not free to build with but has changed functionality
- You will find a Resource Reclamation Chest in your inventory and an appropriate number of Orbs of Reclaimed Energy. Place the chest and use it as a crafting station with the orbs.
But wait, there's more!
- Large humans are now available to play! Simply choose large human in the drop-down on character create.
- Look for some new emissive props on the workbench crafting station in the light orbs category. These glow at night but do not actually shine light.
- The cooldown has been removed from teleporting to friends through the contact list, and from teleporting to claims through the gallery.
- The Stone of Recall no longer has a cooldown.
- You can no longer place material blocks outside claims.
- Leyline crystals can now be found on the surface as well as in caves. Once discovered, they can be teleported to using the Local Travel option at a portal spire.
- All humans, large or small, now have underwear underneath their regular outfits.
- Friends requests should no longer time out if not answered
- Flora have returned and look better
- Further fixes for the flashing lines across the sky visual issue
- Jellyfish emitter scaling has been adjusted
- Using Ctrl-X while in fly mode should no longer also move your character downwards
- Halas Wall Lantern can now be disassembled
- Emitter icons have been corrected
- Fixed memory issues that could occur if the client was open for more than an hour or two
- Key binding for chat reply can now be changed in settings
- Underground caves cannot be claimed (surface caves can)
- Flames on Chandelier (intricate) should now move with the prop when prop is rotated
- Further improvements to sensitivity of the select tool
- The prop menu can now be closed by clicking the red X
- The contacts menu right click options now disappears when you click off the window
- Prop palette should no longer roll back up to the top after each prop placement
- Zoning or opening the map no longer unhides the watch list
- Continued performance improvements, especially around water
- And lots more ...