Version 1.2 has dropped! Fixed a number of bugs and added some new stuff. Thanks for being patient, everyone. You can post any feedback, bugs, or other comments here. We'll read all of it.
New Stuff and Bug Fixes
- New game difficulties added: Baby, Normal, and Rage.
- Time-based leaderboards added for each difficulty.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Humbaba from exiting an invulnerable state.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the Ascended bosses from attacking after cutscenes.
- Map generation has been fixed. Players should now no longer be stuck without a boss room in the Winter levels.
- A certain boss room door has been removed from the wall. (Sorry, TorNis)
- Hachiman event rooms now occasionally reward players correctly with the Blessing of Hachiman instead of the Blessing of Gran Bwa.
- Pots in the shooting gallery will now properly self-destruct after 30 seconds if they do not initially break on impact.
- Kamoho Blessing on weapons now awards players with 5 influence every time an enemy is eaten.
- Kamoho Blessing on spell has had its homing buff effect doubled.
- Spell homing in general has been doubled.
- Zephyrus Blessing on weapon has had its proc chance increased from 10% to 15%. Additionally, its launch force has been doubled.
- Zephyrus Blessing on spells now instantly staggers most enemies in addition to its current knockback.
- Blessing of Kali now saves the player's life when spending health in various event rooms and blood shops.
- Tlaloc Blessing on spell has had its delay raised from 0.1 seconds to every 0.4 seconds.
- Demon pot projectiles have been made more visible.
- Enemy shields are now initially much weaker but scale as the game progresses.
- Launch force has been increased on The Twig.
- The restart option has been removed upon winning the game. This allowed players to replay the game as the character they had won the game with.
- There Can be Only One Steam Achievement has been fixed.
- A script has been added to check and see if players have completed certain achievements and award them. This will check to see if players have completed New Challenger based achievements and journal-based achievements (e.g. Heavy Breathing - Discover every breath).
- 1280x1024 resolution added in the Settings menu.
Difficulty Mode Clarification
- All characters start with an additional max heart
- Invulnerability Time (after being struck) is increased by 0.75 seconds
- Pots drop more loot
- Health pickups drop more frequently
- All damage is reduced by a quarter heart (down to a minimum of a quarter heart)
- The same mode you have been playing since launch
- Stronger enemy variants work their way in earlier
- Rooms generally have more enemies earlier
- Enemies have more hp
- Bosses have more hp
- All damage is increased by a quarter heart
A few more bug fixes
- Lugh Blessing on weapon now pierces enemies and travels slower.
- Fix to the interactions between Spirit of the Divine, Spirit of the Master, and Gada weapon type. This would just completely break the game. This has gone down as best/most interesting bug to fix yet.
- Moved the point where the achievement check script is executed.
- Re-added the fancy spring title effects.