Cosmochoria

Cosmochoria

View Stats:
Cosmochoria > General Discussion > Topic Details
Nate Schmold  [developer] Jun 30, 2016 @ 1:50pm
A Game.
You're standing in a large crowd outside a shopping mall, the sound of yelling can be heard from within the mall but you can't quite make out what the fuss is about.

You can hear people murmuring all around you but it seems no one quite knows what is going on.

One woman breaks free from the crowd and runs into the mall. A man quickly chases after her, yelling "NO, HELENA, WAIT" as he disappears through the front doors.

You hear sirens in the distance and they're getting closer.

What do you do?

(Do me a solid and leave your preferred gender classification on your first post -- doesnt have to match your real life gender, but just something so I can write he/she/it(robot, genderless, etc) when referring / reacting to your 'character' Thanks! :D )
Last edited by Nate Schmold; Jul 3, 2016 @ 12:04am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
2ndForm Jul 1, 2016 @ 3:11am 
Move out of the crowd, towards the entrance of the mall to try and better ascertain the situation, and see if I can be of assistance. My actions following this would based on what I witnessed.
Phiteros Jul 1, 2016 @ 5:49pm 
Attempt to gain height. If I cannot see over the heads of the other onlookers, I would climb on the back of a car (presuming this is in/near a parking lot) or some other object to look over everyone else. It would probably be a lot faster than pushing towards the mall entrance.
Nate Schmold  [developer] Jul 3, 2016 @ 12:02am 
2ndForm pushes to the edge of the crowd, the door to the mall is about 20 feet in front of him and through it he can see shapes moving rapidly around inside the mall—silhouettes of human bodies running around frantically. Through the windows, 2ndForm can also see wisps of smoke vignetting everything. The shouting from inside the mall sounds like a mix of people calling for help and others issuing commands. "Stay there", "Over here", "Quickly", "Stop", "No" all among the phrases that can be made out amidst the cacophony.

Phiteros climbs atop a nearby van, first via the hood, then to the top, to gain a better view / vantage point on the situation. Above the mall he can see smoke beginning to rise from certain spots, he assumes ventilation outputs. The sirens are getting louder and when he turns to the entrance to the mall, he sees 3 police cars and a SUV unit attempting to gain access to the lot. the cars stop at the entrance and 2 officers get out to control the crowd, while the SUV finds a slightly open spot in a surrounding fence and drives right through it and into the lot. It drives around the outside of the crowd and parks at the front of the mall. 4 officers get out and immediately run inside the mall, leaving the vehicle parked out front.
Phiteros Jul 4, 2016 @ 11:18am 
...It's tempting to check if any of the officers left their keys in their cars, but I don't think I'll do that. I think I'll just wait.
Nate Schmold  [developer] Jul 4, 2016 @ 11:35am 
While waiting, Phiteros notices the SUV parked out front is still running.
Phiteros Jul 4, 2016 @ 12:05pm 
Is it a police SUV? Or just a normal SUV?
Nate Schmold  [developer] Jul 4, 2016 @ 2:44pm 
Last edited by Nate Schmold; Jul 4, 2016 @ 2:44pm
Phiteros Jul 4, 2016 @ 2:53pm 
Ok, I keep an eye on it out while watching the mall.
Nate Schmold  [developer] Jul 4, 2016 @ 4:12pm 
Suddenly a window breaks on the second or third floor of the mall and a chair falls down to the cement below followed by a shower of broken glass. Smoke starts billowing out of the now open window and it's clear there is a fire in the building.

A man appears in the broken window and he looks around below frantically as if to find a safe spot to jump to but just as he begins to climb out, a large metallic tentacle wraps around his body and pulls him back in.

His screams are heard shortly before they cut off again.
Phiteros Jul 5, 2016 @ 8:22pm 
Well. I did not expect that. I am going to look around and see what kinds of things I could use as weapons are around.
Nate Schmold  [developer] Jul 5, 2016 @ 8:57pm 
The parking lot is now in a mad frenzy. The people who saw the guy getting grabbed in the broken window are already pushing their way further from the mall. The people who didnt see are only 10 steps behind, shoving and screaming an an insane panic to get away. Aside from various pieces of garbage—paper cups, empty fast food bags, a couple broken bottles—there doesn't seem to be anything that could be an obvious weapon.

The SUV continues to idle, parked just off to the side of the mall's entrance.
Phiteros Jul 5, 2016 @ 9:43pm 
Okay, I get close to it and open the doors; ready to jump in and drive. But I try not to make it too obvious what I'm doing; in case any of the other civilians see me.
Nate Schmold  [developer] Jul 6, 2016 @ 6:44am 
Pretty much every other civilian now has their back to the mall, fleeing in a panic. The door pops open and Phiteros casually slides behind the wheel. Keys still in the ignition, almost 3/4 tank of gas—its obvious the cop driving had other things on his/her mind when they got the mall.

The dispatch radio seems to be constantly sending cars out to various addresses with a 10-33 code, multiple mentions of fire, requests for ambulance. It sounds like there is widespread panic across the city.
Phiteros Jul 6, 2016 @ 9:48pm 
I listen to the radio and try to find out what parts of the city seem to be the most affected, if there is some central source from which the mayhem is spreading.
Nate Schmold  [developer] Jul 12, 2016 @ 11:25pm 
(sorry been busy didnt mean to drop the ball).

It seems the city is being affected all over the place -- there are calls for cars in all different sections, with seemingly zero concentration.

All of a sudden there is a loud screech that sounds like large pieces of metal grinding against each other, then a hissing sound can be heard from inside the mall.
Last edited by Nate Schmold; Jul 12, 2016 @ 11:26pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Cosmochoria > General Discussion > Topic Details