X Rebirth > General Discussions > Topic Details
trevinc Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:11pm
Docking?
Just wondering how controllable and indepth docking with capitol ships or stations is? Always wanted that, im in full controll feeling when flying a ship? im not saying auto piolet is a bad thing, but its just cool to fly your own ship in full controll.

Is there certain procedures you need to follow. I dont know.....communicating with the vessel your docking with. Or is there certain enginse that need to be used........Or am i looking for a different kinda game to play? lol
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
clthomps Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
You are no longer allowed to fly capital ships in this game, so you don't have any control over that. So no concern there.
trevinc Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:39pm 
Originally posted by clthomps:
You are no longer allowed to fly capital ships in this game, so you don't have any control over that. So no concern there.


Yeah, I got no problem with just having my one ship to fly. I just want it to be really emersive, and hopefully, customizable mods and other goodies?
Ruiner Oct 25, 2013 @ 12:54am 
From the videos that have been posted, you ask for docking permission, they grant it, your character gets up out of his seat and walks to the ramp while your coopilot docks.
trevinc Oct 25, 2013 @ 4:53pm 
Originally posted by Ruiner:
From the videos that have been posted, you ask for docking permission, they grant it, your character gets up out of his seat and walks to the ramp while your coopilot docks.


Well thats too bad.....lol
Ottomic Oct 30, 2013 @ 11:42pm 
I'm really hoping for some option to dock your ship like in X2. I know it sounds stupid, but the lack of (diverse, vanilla) cockpits and docking mechanics are the two worst offenses in X3. Models and inmersion are the two pillars of simulation for me, and I don't really care how deep an economic or politic system is if I can't feel that I'm flying a spaceship in the first place.
Zaydin Oct 31, 2013 @ 12:28am 
Originally posted by Ottomic:
I'm really hoping for some option to dock your ship like in X2. I know it sounds stupid, but the lack of (diverse, vanilla) cockpits and docking mechanics are the two worst offenses in X3. Models and inmersion are the two pillars of simulation for me, and I don't really care how deep an economic or politic system is if I can't feel that I'm flying a spaceship in the first place.
Well, it seems like Egosoft is trying to improve the immersion in X REbirth with the Albion Skunk, since it's got a fully modeled cockpit and you can wadner around the ship, and you also can get up and out of the ship to explore select parts of space stations.

Not a huge amount, but it can help give a real sense of scale to be able to get out of your ship and walk around, if you ask me. Last space sim I played with a good sense of scale to it was Tachyon: The Fringe.
Ottomic Oct 31, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
Originally posted by Zaydin:
Well, it seems like Egosoft is trying to improve the immersion in X REbirth with the Albion Skunk, since it's got a fully modeled cockpit and you can wadner around the ship, and you also can get up and out of the ship to explore select parts of space stations.

That's a nice step in the direction of the 'Silent Hunter in Space' a sizeable chunk of space sim players -including me- have been clamoring for a while now. If not the vanilla product, I'm hoping the community will be able to fill in the blanks that for whatever reasons can and will be left out. I ejoyed Evochron: Mercenary a lot (partly because the inmersion planetary landings provided), but it certainly lacked the production values and depth to stand out on the market.

14 days now. Fingers crossed.
DarkNice Nov 17, 2013 @ 5:39am 
Is it possible to command your ships to dock with a station or capital ships?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 24, 2013 @ 7:11pm
Posts: 8