We’d like to take this time to thank all our backers who believed in us more than 6 months ago! All keys for the last of the Kickstarter rewards have been sent out to our backers and the credits in game have been updated.
We have an awesome update this week as we recreated the server browser to match the UI, as well as overhauled it for ease of use. In addition, we now have our version of Fog of War (hidden areas) added to the game. This has been a requested feature for quite some time and we’re glad to get it implemented for you al!
We created another new feature request thread on our sub-reddit
for future updates, so please be sure to post what feature you would like next and upvote your favorites (one feature request per post please).
- Hidden Areas/Fog of War
- Kickstarter Pointer & Gold Tier Rewards
- Server Browser Overhaul
- Easy LAN Connecting
- Improved Mod Loading
- BB Code in Notepad
- ...and tons of other improvements and fixes
Hidden Area/Fog of War Added:
- Hidden areas serve the purpose of being able to hide any object from other players.
- Hold 'H' and 'left click' to drag out the box area with your mouse.
- The color of the fog corresponds to who can see inside the area.
- Right click on the fog to change its color, holding 'H' will make the fog be first choice.
- The grey color functions as a hidden area that no one can see inside.
- Board objects will not be hidden like other objects.
- Fog areas will be saved into the game's state.
- Hold 'H' then 'left click' on the fog box to delete it.
- While holding 'H' a mini fog box will be at the end of your pointer let you know.
- Hosts can disable clients from being able to create or edit Hidden Areas in the host options.
- Robot pointer has been added for our Kickstarter pointer reward tier.
- Gold material has been added for our Gold Member reward tier (Chess, Dice, and Dominoes).
- Only the Host may change the material of an object to gold if they are Gold Member reward tier.
- Kickstarter credits list is now working for all of our backers inside the game.
Server Browser Overhaul:
- Server browser has been remade with the new UI system with many more features.
- Servers can now be sorted by clicking one of the column headers (server name, host, number players, etc).
- LAN tab has been added making it very easy to connect to servers on local network.
- Friends tab will show servers that your friends are hosting or connected to.
- Search now works on all server data (can search "1/2" for players, "NA" for region, etc).
- Right click on a server to block/ban the host (This will stop their servers from showing up and joining your games).
Mod Loading Improvements:
- Fixed timeout issues with loading large mods querying the server too fast causing many errors.
- Loading multiples of the same object will incur no performance penalties due to duplicate assets.
- Improved load times when loading multiple of the same object (down to the same time as loading one unique object).
- When holding an object in a box area (hand or fog of war) it will highlight.
- Highlight colors now match the color you are playing as instead of default white and yellow.
- CTRL + Left Click selection/highlight now works on locked objects.
- Box selection is now much more accurate and more than half the object must be in the box to be selected.
- Cards now fly together forming the deck when stopping a search.
- Dice and coins will now only spin when dropped if moving with enough velocity.
- Tooltips now work on objects being held by other people.
- UI radio buttons now looks different than checkboxes.
- Opening up the social media links will now open them in your Steam overlay instead of browser.
- Clicking on the patch message on the bottom of the main menu will bring you to the latest patch notes.
- When overriding a save it will automatically fill in the previous name of the save.
- Sound has been added for copy pasting objects to notify other players, now that you can hide objects.
- Controller input is now default disabled due to some people having issues with spinning camera/pointers (can still be enabled in the settings).
- Reduced the sensitivity of Deck searching with a bigger deadzone where cards do not spin.
- You can now use the up and down arrows to cycle through previous chat messages you have sent.
- Custom dice automatically no longer have grid snapping enabled.
- Improved the Host Options menu password and game mode input boxes to be more clear.
- Toned down the lighting brightness of the Field background.
- Changed the number cards input in the Custom Deck to be a slider.
- You can now use BB Code in Notepad to enhance your text.
- Fixed enter key resubmitting last mouse actions.
- Fixed controller A button multi-select action bug.
- Fixed cards twitching in hand when gravity is higher than default.
- Fixed clients being able to stop search even if contextual menu was disabled.
- Fixed bug with selected object being stuck highlighted if you changed colors.
- Fixed crazy box selection shape when rotating the camera during selecting.
- Fixed the control scheme not opening up when using the Escape menu.
- Fixed server browser bug where lock on the server did not properly disappear when removed.
- Fixed issues when searching saves and workshop items with entries appearing offscreen.
- Fixed red spacer falling through table over and over again when rewinding a deck search.
- Fixed stopping a search on a deck with one card making the card disappear.
- Fixed bug not letting you modify custom dice with the contextual menu.
- Fixed color tint sync bug for late joining players and copy paste.
Stay up to date on our development by following us on Twitter