Rumpelstiltskin Feb 2, 2014 @ 10:30am
Discount?
I own DE and ML DLC. I want to purchase the directors cut but no discount is shown in the page, although it says that owners of DE and ML would have one.

Any idea of why i'm seeing USD4.99? Is the discount only applied when the game is not on sale?

Thank you.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
BostonBakedBeans Feb 2, 2014 @ 10:58am 
I have the same question. I paid 60 for the collectors edition and didn't see a discount, went all the to the purchase screen to see if applied the discount and nothing.
Rogue Dagger Feb 2, 2014 @ 11:09am 
Originally posted by Rumpelstiltskin:
I own DE and ML DLC. I want to purchase the directors cut but no discount is shown in the page, although it says that owners of DE and ML would have one.

Any idea of why i'm seeing USD4.99? Is the discount only applied when the game is not on sale?

Thank you.
Discounts don't stack, sadly. If they did, the DC would basically be free for all owners of the base game and ML, and Steam wouldn't make any money.
Rumpelstiltskin Feb 2, 2014 @ 11:15am 
Well, that's too bad, i was willing to pay a few bucks, but not like this.

The Witcher games and CD Projekt comes to my mind, they did something like this, twice, and for free. Shame on Square Enix.

Thanks for the answer,
Have a good day.
Pirate Feb 2, 2014 @ 1:08pm 
What a bunch of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. You used to be able to upgrade if you owned vanilla for like 5€. Now there's a 75% but there's no option to upgrade ! You can only buy it for 4.99 €. No I don't care and probably won't buy it at all. SqEnix dropped the ball hard here.
DetectiveWhiskers Feb 2, 2014 @ 6:44pm 
How else do you expect poor Square Enix to pay for the next Final Fantasy game? Certainly not on double discounts.
Last edited by DetectiveWhiskers; Feb 2, 2014 @ 6:44pm
Naota Feb 2, 2014 @ 7:16pm 
Originally posted by Rumpelstiltskin:
Well, that's too bad, i was willing to pay a few bucks, but not like this.

The Witcher games and CD Projekt comes to my mind, they did something like this, twice, and for free. Shame on Square Enix.

Thanks for the answer,
Have a good day.
chocoXXL Feb 2, 2014 @ 9:50pm 
Originally posted by Quietus Wolf:
Originally posted by Rumpelstiltskin:
I own DE and ML DLC. I want to purchase the directors cut but no discount is shown in the page, although it says that owners of DE and ML would have one.

Any idea of why i'm seeing USD4.99? Is the discount only applied when the game is not on sale?

Thank you.
Discounts don't stack, sadly. If they did, the DC would basically be free for all owners of the base game and ML, and Steam wouldn't make any money.

...true :/
Major Fletcher Feb 3, 2014 @ 5:01am 
I already bought the base game long ago and missing link dlc. Now i bought DC for 4,99 and thought that would upgrade my version? But now i have two different games in my account. The normal base game and the DC oO -.-
Pirate Feb 3, 2014 @ 10:48am 
Originally posted by Major Fletcher:
I already bought the base game long ago and missing link dlc. Now i bought DC for 4,99 and thought that would upgrade my version? But now i have two different games in my account. The normal base game and the DC oO -.-
This is actually my biggest problem with this situation. Will the upgrade come back when the deal ends ? I don't need more clutter in my libary.
Rogue Dagger Feb 3, 2014 @ 11:07am 
Originally posted by Pirate:
Originally posted by Major Fletcher:
I already bought the base game long ago and missing link dlc. Now i bought DC for 4,99 and thought that would upgrade my version? But now i have two different games in my account. The normal base game and the DC oO -.-
This is actually my biggest problem with this situation. Will the upgrade come back when the deal ends ? I don't need more clutter in my libary.
It was never an "upgrade". It was always treated as a seperate game in the Steam Library.
0110101001100001011000110110101 Feb 3, 2014 @ 11:57am 
bad business policy from Square Enix... I don't see how HR is different to HR:DC, fracked up graphics and few reworked mechanics and bosses aside. So that is what I call an update. There is no change in the story, no ads, nothing. They should include it for free the way Witcher and Batman did. I bought both base game and missing link at release and this is what I get :/
Saint Axerror Feb 4, 2014 @ 7:57am 
I agree with others, bosses fights improvements are good but really not worth the price. For those who bought base game + missing link, it's a bad greedy move from Square.
The-Joker Feb 6, 2014 @ 3:21am 
So you say that I shouldnt but the directors cut if I owns the rest ? (ML and the reguler)
Rogue Dagger Feb 6, 2014 @ 3:23am 
Originally posted by The-Joker:
So you say that I shouldnt but the directors cut if I owns the rest ? (ML and the reguler)
Basically, yes. It's got more glitches than the base game and ML, the dlc intigration breaks the flow of the game, and it changes nothing but the boss fights, offering you alternative ways to beat them. Even with the discount, it's not worth it, not necessary.
Thumper Feb 10, 2014 @ 12:18pm 
i see this alot, the DC for any of these game's is alway's different from the org. ver. that's why it's called a "director's cut" i avoid ever buying any add-on's or DLC's for game's, if there are issue's with a game they put a patch out and it's fixed, i want the ver. they sell, and i'll wait to play the next, but don't sell me one and then offer a enhanced ver. of the same thing.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 2, 2014 @ 10:30am
Posts: 17