Αναρτήθηκε: 25 Οκτωβρίου
These dogs need putting down.
* Better weapons
* Your partner is actually useful in a fire-fight
* Graphical Engine is better but doesn't have a lot to do.
* umm.. didnt crash?
* Still violent but somewhat toned down in language and action
* Shaky-cam everywhere.. because movie!
* Dumb loading screen with a buffering logo.. because movie!
* Continual lens flare, motion blur & pixelation.. because movie!
* Censored blur of body parts.. because movie?
* Cover system so poor its best not to use it
* Guns sound limp and seem less accurate, except shotguns
* Diverse environments replaced with samey grubby alleys
* Story is non-existent and copied from 1 element of K&L1
* AI is dumb and predictable
* 4-5 Hours long for story mode
Background: Playing 1&2 back to back for the first time so mostly comparing to the first game.
Impressions: You can see huge missteps everywhere in K&L2.
1) Cinematic Misunderstandings
Cinematic leanings of the first game are magnified in all the wrong ways that people who don't understand the language of cinema fall into and add elements because you have them in this sort of film.
POV shaky-cam everywhere when people are just talking or having lunch and the POV is not of a person but some nebulous floating camera. Couple this with lens flare and blur and its a recipe for motion sickness. The buffering logo as the level loads is obnoxious, who likes to see a buffering logo.. and it might be a joke but it often stayed on 99% while the dialogue finished long after it had read the game into memory.
Gone is the plot and character progression replaced with mundane streams of generic enemies and a vague goal of not dying.
2) Game mechanics
The cover system is broken in the same old way since enemies can still shoot you through walls it's better to crouch a foot off the wall and then you take no damage.
Continually tells you to flank but enemies face forward until you shoot. Similarly as you move around cover the ninja like senses of the cops track you through walls 90degrees ahead of them.
Recommended for: Boarderline recommended for those looking for a violent but rather weak FPS.
Conclusion: 5/10. Weak sauce, play K&L 1 and forget this ever happened.