FIRE_KEEPER Mar 10 @ 7:07am
what is champions mode actually?
I have finished the game several times i think not sure how much tho and i can say i love it

When i finished the game the SPOILER ALERT Option to choose between Good or Bad what was that exactly ? And what or who are those that keeps spawning behind the walls making Blue and Red Pixies to Fly around altho i have noticed that Red Are Hostile probably because i am Good and they are evil , And Whats up with their names ? Stuff like ( nickname9945) like actual steam players names ? and how to KILL the Dungeon Master
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Syeste Mar 10 @ 9:37am 
Spoil hide


Originally posted by Tricktale:
In the final boss room, concentrate on defeating the blue spectres that the dungeon master spawns and eventually he will appear. If you defeat the boss before you defeat enough spectres, he will disappear, so try to avoid the boss[/quote:tricktale]
Last edited by Syeste; Mar 10 @ 9:38am
FIRE_KEEPER Mar 10 @ 10:24am 
Oh great thanks ! but what are the other Characters blue and red that comes while on champion mode and spawns those Red and blue Butterflies ? I noticed the red touches me and summons a lot of zombies and i usually die :3 and the blue kills some enemies for me
Syeste Mar 10 @ 11:05am 
I think they represent the others players ending, I saw someone with my own name (He was evil lol). At the end of the game, you have to choose rather to be good or evil. The blue is the good one and when you touch the firefly, it create a bomb effect to help you and the red one spawn zombie.
FIRE_KEEPER Mar 10 @ 3:44pm 
Ahhh ! so i kinda knew it that these are actual steam players from leaderboards system or whatever although i didnt really know it was possible
Robotica Mar 12 @ 8:25am 
I dont get it... So after I beat the boss I chose good or evil, get a handful of tokens and then the game ends... It says I unlocked champion mode but I don't see where or how to select it. I only see the normal game mode plus the mayhem from the original completion of the game. Whenever I beat the game, I have to start all over... So what is the point of getting all those tokens at the end if they all just disappear? I am really confused, this game isn't good at explaining these things.

What am I missing? How do I continue playing the game without losing all my stuff?
FIRE_KEEPER Mar 12 @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by Robotica:
I dont get it... So after I beat the boss I chose good or evil, get a handful of tokens and then the game ends... It says I unlocked champion mode but I don't see where or how to select it. I only see the normal game mode plus the mayhem from the original completion of the game. Whenever I beat the game, I have to start all over... So what is the point of getting all those tokens at the end if they all just disappear? I am really confused, this game isn't good at explaining these things.

What am I missing? How do I continue playing the game without losing all my stuff?
Wait dude ! Tokens in this game stays with you
You Activate champions mode by hitting that Red Glowing switch at the wall at the very first place you enter , just hit it , it goes green ( Champions has been released ) which means the champions mode is unlocked ! remember you must collect the 10 golden keys before finishing the game , its not that hard took me 3 times to finish teh game with 10 keys , and then they will stay with you forever dont worry even if you close the game champions mode will always be available for you to enable or disable

As for your stuff ahh .. this is a Rogue-like All roguelikes games loses all items after dying or finishing the game or replaying , no save thats what a roguelike is mostly
Tricktale  [developer] Mar 12 @ 12:16pm 
@Robotica Didn't you get the popups for Tokens and Champion Mode? They explain what they are / how to use them.
Last edited by Tricktale; Mar 12 @ 12:16pm
Robotica Mar 12 @ 7:38pm 
dude, I dont have time for popups!!!! Nah Im just kidden. I probably did. I understood the tokens, I just didn't realize they stuck with you. I got the message at the end of the game saying I unlocked champion mode, but I think that was it. I don't know what it is... I have been turning that light on for a while now, I still dont know what the difference is.
FIRE_KEEPER Mar 12 @ 8:32pm 
Originally posted by Robotica:
dude, I dont have time for popups!!!! Nah Im just kidden. I probably did. I understood the tokens, I just didn't realize they stuck with you. I got the message at the end of the game saying I unlocked champion mode, but I think that was it. I don't know what it is... I have been turning that light on for a while now, I still dont know what the difference is.
as far as i know
Champions mode is slightly different , and spawns ( Champions ) who are players characters that walks behind the walls like the dungeon master and spawns red/blue butterflies
Red are bad and you should shoot them with canon and dont let them touch you or go away
blue helps you by exploding and killing enemies destroying objects..
Let me know if you ever saw my champion in the game :\ they have names on them as far as i know its champions of people who have unlocked champions mode before
also champions mode allows you to choose between routes i could be wrong tho maybe i could because i got a higher rank now not sure tho
Robotica Mar 13 @ 4:47pm 
Ah I think I might understand a little better now. So, then my other question is, what is the point of beeting the game? I mean, you just lose all your stuff and have to start over... I believe someone said you finish the game by collecting 10 gold keys. Well, what if I purposely ignored the keys, would the game just go on and on? It might be fun having a ton of abilities ;)
FIRE_KEEPER Mar 13 @ 5:06pm 
Originally posted by Robotica:
Ah I think I might understand a little better now. So, then my other question is, what is the point of beeting the game? I mean, you just lose all your stuff and have to start over... I believe someone said you finish the game by collecting 10 gold keys. Well, what if I purposely ignored the keys, would the game just go on and on? It might be fun having a ton of abilities ;)
no no the game has an ending whether you ignore the keys or take them

If you have played
Binding of isaac , Spelunky , Risk of rain , Rogue legacy and alot of other games They are under the category Rogue-like , its a type of games that you play and if you die or finish the game you lose all progress , but they are extremely fun to play and replayable at a massive scale , and always randomly generated levels ( each time levels are created randomly )


As for this game
You can beat it and keep increasing your rank and the game will get harder.
once you get the final rank ( Diehard ) you will be listed in the list of players who got that rank which is hard to get ( Currently only 6 players including me who got it ) And after getting the rank the more you play the more score you get and trying to stay no.1 , i was no1 now im 3.

as for abilities and items and everything they will always go away so everytime you play the game you get a whole set of random abilities build to have more fun each time : ) thats why everyone love Roguelike games
Proteome Mar 19 @ 3:05pm 
I like the idea of the Champion Mode, definitive bonus for the idea of Steam Users ghosts entering others games.

Though my first reaction to these was that the good one is ok and the evil one usually messes me up pretty badly.
Upon playing more I realized there is only these two effects, I thought there would be different randomized effects and this struck me as a bit of a missed opportunity for another interesting randomized facet to the game.
In the end I don't play with champions since I know exactly what the Champion will do and the Good effect is not good enough to balance the Evil.

This idea screams for more content, more effects for the Champions!

A few ideas for Good Champion:
Heal 1-2 hearts, Money, 1 room buff (rage or luck), summon the money fairy

Evil Champion: Teleport your sword or gun somewhere in room, attack like Dungeon Master, Fire some of those bouncy purple magic missles, summon a few fairies, summon the knife firing trap
FIRE_KEEPER Mar 19 @ 3:21pm 
Originally posted by Proteome:
I like the idea of the Champion Mode, definitive bonus for the idea of Steam Users ghosts entering others games.

Though my first reaction to these was that the good one is ok and the evil one usually messes me up pretty badly.
Upon playing more I realized there is only these two effects, I thought there would be different randomized effects and this struck me as a bit of a missed opportunity for another interesting randomized facet to the game.
In the end I don't play with champions since I know exactly what the Champion will do and the Good effect is not good enough to balance the Evil.

This idea screams for more content, more effects for the Champions!

A few ideas for Good Champion:
Heal 1-2 hearts, Money, 1 room buff (rage or luck), summon the money fairy

Evil Champion: Teleport your sword or gun somewhere in room, attack like Dungeon Master, Fire some of those bouncy purple magic missles, summon a few fairies, summon the knife firing trap

i always kill the Evil Champions Pixie at sight ! annoying zombies lol unless if you got that heartbreak abilitiy that gives more chance for enemies to drop hearts , let the zombies spawn and kill them to heal

the blue one however sometimes drops a heart , and i think a token not sure
but yeah it could use a bit more Buff up
Tricktale  [developer] Mar 20 @ 1:47am 
@Proteome I'm not finished with Champions Mode yet :) Thanks for the suggestions! I agree that it needs more variety and unpredictability.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50