What happened this last week:
1. We committed to getting private server rentals a fully supported Hawken feature.
- First packages are the Pioneer packages: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hawken-server-pioneer-event-max-100-tickets-16685841802
- More will come, don't worry
2. The "new" physical machines we added last week ended up being affected by some DDoS mitigation services we have in place, so we're pulling them out of rotation until we get it fixed
- you may have experienced "weird latency-like problems" where hit reg seemed strange. There are some good topics here in the forums. Anyways, those should be getting phased out until we fix things up
3. We re-added Dallas-based servers.
- These have faster CPUs
4. More high-slot servers, and now there are some with longer match times and higher kill goals
- I'm wanting to see where these become "too un-Hawken-like"
- They've also been very helpful with load testing
5. I broke things twice
- and then Ashfire helped fix them ;)
- you know those login problems a few times? Yeah, that was kinda me
6. Steam bundles are alive!
7. Build-related systems are still moving along, albeit seemingly slowly
- so... very... complex... What we want to accomplish next week
1. More build system work
2. People have been requesting MC packages be put up directly in Steam
- maybe I should make a package priced to help re-unlock Steam friend requests and stuff, since now you have to have spent $5 someplace in Steam for some of those features to be available (hot forum topics, anyone?)
3. Consolidate game server setups
4. We want to go watch the new Avengers movie. Do you?
5. Private Server systems
- security refactoring on end-user admin console
- bug fixes
I really need to stop writing these updates at 3am. But, hey, I wanted to get the new servers up in Dallas first!
Someone made a pretty funny image Tiggs thought was hilarious, so I'll leave you with this beauty: