For those of you that having this error and cant get rid of it, have look on this steam thread:http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2488586
So it seems that on some systems the 2gb ram are not sufficient to load all the textures.
It doesn't matter how much total RAM your computer has. This game was written in 32bit BASIC. That means it can only access the first 2Gb of RAM. If you have other programs or a fatty OS (Vista) taking up all of the lowest memory address then this game is going to crash.
The best way to prevent this is to enable 'Large RAM Addresss' in the Evochron file header.
How to do this is actually listed at the very end of that post on the starwraith forums:
If you want to try this option, you can download CFF Explorer from the author's website here: http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php
Then follow these steps to apply the change:
1. Backup the original EvochronMercenary.exe or ArvochAlliance.exe file located in the install folder.
2. Open CFF Explorer, then open the EvochronMercenary.exe or ArvochAlliance.exe file.
3. Go to the "File Header" section (under Nt Headers) and click the "Click here" on the Characteristics row.
4. Check the "App can handle >2gb address space" box, then click OK
5. Save the altered version as EvochronMercenary.exe or ArvochAlliance.exe.
Doing this allows the game to access the first 3Gb of RAM instead of only 2Gb. This may be enough to prevent crashes. It worked for a couple of my friends.
Originally Posted by Matterz167
Basically follow these instruction and replace the mentioned exe with MSoA.exe.
The above mentioned solution worked for me. At least I was able play in low-Res mode.
In normal mode I am getting a "Runtime Error 5105 memblock position outside range at line 51963".