Posté le : 27 mars
This is one of the best games that I've ever played with my friends.
If you have a group of friends that can (somewhat) manage to work together, or even if you dont,
messing around in this game is fun either way!
I have played this game a ton, and here are some of the things I found that make this game so appealing:
+ The levels are randomized every time you play to keep it interesting.
+ Lots of customization with traits, races, pets, hats and stat rolls.
+ EXP is shared! That's right! So if you have that one friend who storms through the level and kills everything while you
are peacefully catching fairies, you get all the EXP that they do too!
+ 3 different "Skill Trees" so to speak, based around Magic, Dexterity, and Strength. So you can be an archer, mage,
warrior, or even try to create a mix between them with the game's varied weapon choice.
+ Many different bosses that will kill you over and over with their plethora of unique, (yet annoying,) skills.
+ Replayability! I want to say that I've beat this game at least 10 times, while I've played it around 50 times. Even if you
beat the final boss, It's never over. There are so many hats and races to unlock that you can invest hours into running
the dungeon over and over with your friends!
+ Level scaling. Don't have any friends? That's ok because they make the game harder anyway! The bigger the number
of players, the stronger the enemies are! But that also means 4 times the resources to compensate.
+ An amazing soundtrack that is both ambient and exciting!
+ While this game has a pixel-style vibe to it, it's still beautiful! The glowing effects, the details in the landscape, the
blood of your enemies on the floor...
+ The game is updated frequently. Tired of running through the same levels over and over? Don't worry! The game
developers release patches and updates very frequently to add new biomes, weapons, races, or even just bug fixes.
Are you sold yet? Yes? Well then before you buy it at least let me tell you about a few problems...
- This game is a work in progress so there are bound to be a few small bugs here and there but they get fixed pretty
- The mechanic to sell items is still a little unbalanced. (ex. a single stick could be worth 3 gold, and then a diamond
sword could also be worth 2-3 gold.)
- This game IS a rogue-like so if you die, you have to start from the very beggining again. (I personally find this as a
plus, but most of my friends think otherwise.)
- You have to be able to port foward or at least use hamachi if you want friends to join your game. (Again I don't think
this will be much of a problem for most people but i decided to list it anyway.)
- Becase of the random stat roller, it can take a long time to roll good stats with equally good traits, or if you are
looking for a specific build, (Mine is Potion Brewer + Swift).
- Although the developers have been very good about fixing connection issues, some people may still lag or disconnect
from the game, though most of the time that's just because of their internet.
Obviously there are a few more bugs that I haven't mentioned, but they will probably get fixed over time and I didn't want this to just be a bug list.
And that's it! Overall the cons really aren't that bad or game breaking, and I would definitely give this game a try! It's worth the money, and if your friends can afford it, then even better! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go try to beat the new boss, Axelark III... for the 7th time...