Breach & Clear
Nillers Mar 21, 2014 @ 8:09pm
Suggestions
I'm loving the game currently however already I have found there are things that I wish would be added or improved:

1) Order my breaching members. Depending on the environment I would like to change the order of members on the stack.

2) Individual team members have the option to hold on one spot for a short time period before continuing. I.E. Throwing a grenade/flashbang into a room and then having a member move in. I have had it happen twice already where I run into my own grenade. Another example, is to wait for a member to get in position before breaching at the same time. I don't like having to wait a full turn to do such an action.

3) The ability to change loadouts on the same screen as door selection. Making it easy and on the fly change to strategy.

4) A multiplayer.

Anyone else have any other suggestions? Put them below.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Gun Mar 21, 2014 @ 8:49pm 
Hey Nillers, thanks for playing and for the great recommendations! Actually you CAN change up your breaching order. When you're at the screen where you choose your breaching method (once you've chosen a door) you can drag the little portraits around in what ever order you want. The portrait to the farthest right will be the first guy to enter that door. As for your recommendation for a hold option for a short period. This is something we've been looking into for sometime now. The whole game was built around "time" as each turn is roughly 5 seconds. It's a big undertaking to include a feature like that, but it's something we want to do for sure. Stay tuned on that front! We thought about being able to change loadouts while in-game, but we didn't want to make the UI too messy, and we liked the idea of choosing your loadout, pre-mission, as a way to plan ahead. Thanks again for these awesome suggestions Nillers!
Nillers Mar 21, 2014 @ 9:26pm 
Thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT: Not sure what you mean when you say drag the portraits and the one on the farthest right will enter first. My portraits are vertical and whenever I try to drag them, it just changes the door to breach at.
Last edited by Nillers; Mar 21, 2014 @ 9:40pm
Gabenfoodle Mar 21, 2014 @ 9:33pm 
Originally posted by Gun:
Hey Nillers, thanks for playing and for the great recommendations! Actually you CAN change up your breaching order. When you're at the screen where you choose your breaching method (once you've chosen a door) you can drag the little portraits around in what ever order you want. The portrait to the farthest right will be the first guy to enter that door. As for your recommendation for a hold option for a short period. This is something we've been looking into for sometime now. The whole game was built around "time" as each turn is roughly 5 seconds. It's a big undertaking to include a feature like that, but it's something we want to do for sure. Stay tuned on that front! We thought about being able to change loadouts while in-game, but we didn't want to make the UI too messy, and we liked the idea of choosing your loadout, pre-mission, as a way to plan ahead. Thanks again for these awesome suggestions Nillers!
I'd like it if you could like...see the mission ahead of time. For instance, my usual set up is two shottys, a hmg, and a rifle, but I got ♥♥♥♥ed over because it ended up being a mission that was longer range. So i had to go back thru the menus to equip two rifles. Its just a small complaint, but it still is one
Nillers Mar 21, 2014 @ 9:37pm 
Originally posted by Chuck G. Nukem:
Hey Nillers,
I'd like it if you could like...see the mission ahead of time. For instance, my usual set up is two shottys, a hmg, and a rifle, but I got ♥♥♥♥ed over because it ended up being a mission that was longer range. So i had to go back thru the menus to equip two rifles. Its just a small complaint, but it still is one

That was kinda of what I was getting at when I said pre-mission loadouts to change on the fly.
Gabenfoodle Mar 21, 2014 @ 9:40pm 
Originally posted by Nillers:
Originally posted by Chuck G. Nukem:
Hey Nillers,
I'd like it if you could like...see the mission ahead of time. For instance, my usual set up is two shottys, a hmg, and a rifle, but I got ♥♥♥♥ed over because it ended up being a mission that was longer range. So i had to go back thru the menus to equip two rifles. Its just a small complaint, but it still is one

That was kinda of what I was getting at when I said pre-mission loadouts to change on the fly.
ya. I hope they somehow add it.
OldProGamer Mar 21, 2014 @ 10:54pm 
Good tip to know, i was wondering about breaching order, my medic was going in 2nd and im like... OH DANG!!! Luckily she's a good shot, but now i can rest a little easy :D
Gun Mar 22, 2014 @ 7:19am 
Originally posted by Nillers:
Thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT: Not sure what you mean when you say drag the portraits and the one on the farthest right will enter first. My portraits are vertical and whenever I try to drag them, it just changes the door to breach at.

Here's a very quick and dirty mockup of how the breaching order works. If still having troubles let me know, but hopefully this helps. Thanks! http://imgur.com/LvKatsb
Mev Mar 22, 2014 @ 7:35am 
What I would love to see added is the ability to replay all of the moves after the mission is over.

Like a personal mini movie

Gabenfoodle Mar 22, 2014 @ 7:35am 
Originally posted by Mev:
What I would love to see added is the ability to replay all of the moves after the mission is over.

Like a personal mini movie
I agree
Nillers Mar 22, 2014 @ 12:11pm 
Originally posted by Gun:
Originally posted by Nillers:
Thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT: Not sure what you mean when you say drag the portraits and the one on the farthest right will enter first. My portraits are vertical and whenever I try to drag them, it just changes the door to breach at.

Here's a very quick and dirty mockup of how the breaching order works. If still having troubles let me know, but hopefully this helps. Thanks! http://imgur.com/LvKatsb

Oh the step I was missing was that I had to click the door bubbles. I was trying to click and drag the portraits on the right side after changing door options.
Nillers Mar 22, 2014 @ 5:24pm 
Just found a bug on my end. I bought some competitive triggers for an upgrade, but when I go to equip them, it doesn't attach or show up. Just stays in inventory.
OldProGamer Mar 22, 2014 @ 5:46pm 
known issie, its on there, its just not displaying.. you can go into the weapon, and where it shows selected weapon, mouseover and you will see they trigger is installed.
xj220_nj Mar 22, 2014 @ 6:23pm 
Originally posted by Mev:
What I would love to see added is the ability to replay all of the moves after the mission is over.

Like a personal mini movie
+1. Frozen Synapse has this and I think this would really be cool in Breach & Clear as well to see the mission in real-time. Same goes for the waiting option. Sending your men around in circles to let time pass before they move in is a bit awkward.

I'd also like to be able to skip the 'now planning turn #' screen. At least so far I haven't been able to – is there a key? Being able to restart a mission while you're still in it would be nice, too. Additionally, you optimized the loading times so much that I can't read the hints the loading screens contain – could be interesting to have an intel tab in the main menu or something to look them up. Lastly, being able to tilt the camera using the MMB would be cool, as well (as an addition to being able to toggle between the two angles).

I also encountered a bug. It's the first 'now planning...' screen which won't disappear sometimes until it's overwritten by the new text for turn 2 which will then work again. Might be important to mention that the faulty lettering contains a hashtag in front of the '1'.

Anyway, so far I really like the game. I expected it to be a bit more hardcore (like classic Tom Clancy games) but the way it is works rather nicely. Having the KSK in it is pure awesome for me :D

Nillers Mar 23, 2014 @ 10:21am 
I got to thinking last night while playing it would be cool to have a VIP or Hostage mission set up. Just have it a cross between Terrorist Hunt (Kill out the terrorists), Bomb Disposal (find the hostage(s) and once found more terrorist flood in, and Extraction (have to escort the VIP out with a speed of that of a lvl 1 half-pace distance.

Another consumable that I think would be cool (but expensive) is to be able to buy an additional team (if you have one) to come with you on a mission. So 2 teams rather than just 1.
Gabenfoodle Mar 23, 2014 @ 10:27am 
Originally posted by Nillers:
I got to thinking last night while playing it would be cool to have a VIP or Hostage mission set up. Just have it a cross between Terrorist Hunt (Kill out the terrorists), Bomb Disposal (find the hostage(s) and once found more terrorist flood in, and Extraction (have to escort the VIP out with a speed of that of a lvl 1 half-pace distance.

Another consumable that I think would be cool (but expensive) is to be able to buy an additional team (if you have one) to come with you on a mission. So 2 teams rather than just 1.

YES!YES!YES!YES!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Per page: 15 30 50