Subnautica

Subnautica

 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Hugh  [developer] Jun 17, 2015 @ 7:27pm
FAQ - Multiplayer, experimental branch bugs, more...
Will Subnautica ever feature multiplayer?

Answer[forums.unknownworlds.com] (No)

Experimental branch is full of bugs. Is this normal?

Answer

How can I see what the development team is working on?

Answer

Why are there no guns or other lethal weapons in Subnautica?

Answer

Will Subnautica get XBone/PS4/Other controller support?

Answer
Last edited by Hugh; Sep 4, 2016 @ 4:15pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,351 comments
Swedneck Jun 17, 2015 @ 7:29pm 
Nice.
℧ Nescient Jun 17, 2015 @ 7:52pm 
Originally posted by remåvekäbab:
Nice.
Agreed. :)
Phaota Jun 17, 2015 @ 8:21pm 
I think instead of putting links to old threads, it would be better to just keep a continually updates Q&A on this one. So, instead of needing to click "Answer", just put up what was said in the old thread.
moonmadness Jun 18, 2015 @ 7:25am 
good stuff foks! :)
Lemonsqueezy Jun 18, 2015 @ 8:17am 
I love this game, it would be so much better if it was multiplayer
shponglefan Jun 19, 2015 @ 3:04pm 
Originally posted by Lemonsqueezy:
I love this game, it would be so much better if it was multiplayer

Unfortunately, multiplayer isn't a 'free' feature in terms of the resources to add it to the game. If the devs spent time on multiplayer, a lot of other features would not have been added. It wouldn't be the same game.
n13green Jun 19, 2015 @ 9:45pm 
Originally posted by shponglefan:
Unfortunately, multiplayer isn't a 'free' feature in terms of the resources to add it to the game. If the devs spent time on multiplayer, a lot of other features would not have been added. It wouldn't be the same game.

I'm sure Subnautica will do well either way, but increasingly multiplayer is becoming the norm for games. Especially those in the survival genre. So there will definitely be some people who won't buy it without multiplayer.

What we the players can't guess at is how many of those people there are and how difficult it would be to make multiplayer work. So I can understand why they're not committing to it either way.
WarDawn Jun 21, 2015 @ 7:15am 
This is simple, until there is no multiplayer me and my friends won"t buy this game.
Swedneck Jun 21, 2015 @ 8:44am 
Originally posted by WarDawn:
This is simple, until there is no multiplayer me and my friends won"t buy this game.
Your loss, it's not even guaranteed that they add multiplayer.
BidoofoYakuza Jun 21, 2015 @ 11:52am 
This is easily one of the BETTER survival game its a shame that there might not be multiplayer but I still look forward to whatever comes in the future.
D4rKiller Jun 21, 2015 @ 12:59pm 
nyse
404_Not_Found Jun 21, 2015 @ 1:46pm 
The lack of adefinite multiplayer kills my interest. This is a genre that I feel mandates multiplayer and I can't see myself enjoying playing this for very long without some co-op, or building cool stuff if my friends aren't there to admire mw for it. ;v
Swedneck Jun 21, 2015 @ 2:06pm 
Originally posted by :
The lack of adefinite multiplayer kills my interest. This is a genre that I feel mandates multiplayer and I can't see myself enjoying playing this for very long without some co-op, or building cool stuff if my friends aren't there to admire mw for it. ;v
The game is about crashlanding on a planet and having to survive in an ocean filled with creatures that have no qualms about eating you for dinner, it definitely screams singleplayer to me.
That said co-op would be nice thing to have, but it should not be the main focus of the game.
Sharp Jun 22, 2015 @ 8:21am 
it would be cool if you could add multiplayer
Elysion Jun 22, 2015 @ 11:16am 
s
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,351 comments
Per page: 15 30 50