Vangers > General Discussions > Topic Details
kiselev Apr 27, 2014 @ 2:05am
What did you change in the game in comparison with its original version?
Question to developers: Apart from compatibility with the modern systems what did you change in the game itself?

Lets start:

- New English translation
- No permanent changes to the worlds (at least, as of now, hope that you'll add that in the future)
- Anything else? E.g. I suspect that the original introduction text was different, at least in Russian version. I don't remember it being so detailed and explaining that much...
Last edited by kiselev; Apr 27, 2014 @ 2:05am
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
AnTrii Apr 27, 2014 @ 10:52am 
The original introduction text in Russian version was same as in Steam version.
kiselev Apr 27, 2014 @ 2:13pm 
OK, good to know.
Any other changes?
cartoonka Apr 27, 2014 @ 2:30pm 
a lot (A LOT) of crashes, bugs, typos and problems from original game. there is no any know crashes left, except really rare one. Original game designer and producer, Andrey "KranK" Kusmine, was against simplifying physics or controls. So game is almost 100% same as before.
Bo_On Apr 27, 2014 @ 9:42pm 
Originally posted by cartoonka:
a lot (A LOT) of crashes, bugs, typos and problems from original game. there is no any know crashes left, except really rare one. Original game designer and producer, Andrey "KranK" Kusmine, was against simplifying physics or controls. So game is almost 100% same as before.

Hello, i have few questions. Any chances that Trading Cards, Achivements or Multiplayer will be added?

Right now, i sadly dont see any reason(besides nostalgia factor), why i should buy this game. I still have a german boxed version (with a fancy Vangers mouse pad lol...) here and yes i loved that game in the past.

Can you also explain more in detail, what do you meant with "almost 100% same as before"? What is different?
Last edited by Bo_On; Apr 27, 2014 @ 9:43pm
stalkerg  [developer] Apr 28, 2014 @ 10:46am 
Rewrite low-level engine. Porting from DirectX5 and WinAPI to SDL and C++ std functions (for work under new windows and Linux, MacOSX).
Bo_On Apr 28, 2014 @ 11:13am 
Originally posted by stalkerg:
Rewrite low-level engine. Porting from DirectX5 and WinAPI to SDL and C++ std functions (for work under new windows and Linux, MacOSX).

Alright, i understand, thanks for the answer, but what about my other questions?

Maybe something like a list of featuers, that will be added, would be nice... that could probably convince some ppl (like me?) to buy this game...
stalkerg  [developer] Apr 28, 2014 @ 12:10pm 
Achivements and Cards in plan. Multiplayer maybe too.
First task - HD render and 60FPS (from 20). We have public issue tracker: https://github.com/KranX/Vangers/issues
Комдив Apr 28, 2014 @ 1:47pm 
Человек из Москвы, явно русский, обращается к русским же разработчикам на английском языке и те ему на английском же и отвечают. Позорище.
cartoonka Apr 28, 2014 @ 1:48pm 
Originally posted by Bo_On:
Originally posted by cartoonka:
a lot (A LOT) of crashes, bugs, typos and problems from original game. there is no any know crashes left, except really rare one. Original game designer and producer, Andrey "KranK" Kusmine, was against simplifying physics or controls. So game is almost 100% same as before.

Hello, i have few questions. Any chances that Trading Cards, Achivements or Multiplayer will be added?

Right now, i sadly dont see any reason(besides nostalgia factor), why i should buy this game. I still have a german boxed version (with a fancy Vangers mouse pad lol...) here and yes i loved that game in the past.

Can you also explain more in detail, what do you meant with "almost 100% same as before"? What is different?

Hello

I think the most important reason to buy Vangers is to help us to be able make those changes you are asking :) This is really not average game not only to port, but also to improve, because it was made as a way ahead of its time with really impressive hacks but also limitations to changes.

So, yes, we would like to add cards, achievements, multiplayer, HD. :) And we will try to make it happen.

Also, how many games in past 16 year have you seen that still can get your attention after 16 years? :) I think we deserve some credit for bringing our beloved game to life.
cartoonka Apr 28, 2014 @ 1:50pm 
Originally posted by Комдив:
Человек из Москвы, явно русский, обращается к русским же разработчикам на английском языке и те ему на английском же и отвечают. Позорище.

:) прошу, не надо у нас тут негатива и ругани. забаним моментально и навсегда.
Комдив Apr 28, 2014 @ 1:52pm 
Извините, что нарушил ваше цивилизованное общение. Хорошо, что не успел ещё отдать вам денег. Баньте.
cartoonka Apr 28, 2014 @ 1:54pm 
Originally posted by Комдив:
Извините, что нарушил ваше цивилизованное общение. Хорошо, что не успел ещё отдать вам денег. Баньте.

спасибо! Вам бы я вернул вдвойне.
Bo_On Apr 28, 2014 @ 3:08pm 
Originally posted by stalkerg:
Achivements and Cards in plan. Multiplayer maybe too.
First task - HD render and 60FPS (from 20). We have public issue tracker: https://github.com/KranX/Vangers/issues

Originally posted by cartoonka:
Hello

I think the most important reason to buy Vangers is to help us to be able make those changes you are asking :) This is really not average game not only to port, but also to improve, because it was made as a way ahead of its time with really impressive hacks but also limitations to changes.

So, yes, we would like to add cards, achievements, multiplayer, HD. :) And we will try to make it happen.

Also, how many games in past 16 year have you seen that still can get your attention after 16 years? :) I think we deserve some credit for bringing our beloved game to life.


Alright, thanks for the answers, so yeah you are right i should buy that game (will happen soon). I think the biggest problem for this game is, that many ppl dont even know it. I dont want to tell you what you should do, but maybe, you guys should ask a bigger "twitch.tv" streamer (Tornis or Lethalfrag) for promoting your game (i think it deserves a greater audience). Maybe they will do it, asking cost at least nothing. :)

(And yeah, i have a copy of this game in my inventory, i will use it when this game is ready to play for me ;) )
Last edited by Bo_On; Apr 28, 2014 @ 3:15pm
Don Reba Apr 28, 2014 @ 9:34pm 
Originally posted by Комдив:
Человек из Москвы, явно русский, обращается к русским же разработчикам на английском языке и те ему на английском же и отвечают. Позорище.
Людям не из Москвы тоже может быть интересно поучаствовать в обсуждении.
Комдив Apr 28, 2014 @ 10:01pm 
Я не из Москвы. Проблем с русским языком не испытываю. Те же, кто совсем-совсем не из Москвы - Пусть учат русский язык. На крайний случай, пользуются электронными переводчиками. Я к примеру, не знаю случаев, чтобы разработчики из США общались бы с американскими игроками на русском языке.

Впрочем, судя по реакции и угрозе бана(заметьте без каких-либо оскорбительных действий с моей стороны) от представителя разработчика - им приятнее изъясняться на английском.

А "Вам бы я вернул вдвойне." - вообще блеск, в стиле продавца в сельском магазине.
Last edited by Комдив; Apr 28, 2014 @ 10:46pm
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50