Posted: January 3
UPDATE: Here is a full play through for the game done by me. I went through it a second time for you guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDaqY5XSwlA
First and foremost I would like to say that their are a lot of people bashing it just based on what they read from Metacritic, without actually owning or purchasing the game. I have in fact purchased and played through the entire game already. In short I can't recommend it as it is the shortest story driven game I have ever played (1 hour to complete going slowly). Here are my basic points and review of the game.
- The story, while your two main characters are a bit weird (brother and sister), has some potential. Sort of Indiana Jones'ish.
- The environment looks pretty decent for a $5 title. Recently Indie games have been scaling back the graphics to focus on gameplay, this actually has some pretty decent looking areas.
- It is fully voiced in English and Arabic.
- Short! The game is super short. It took me about a hour or so to complete and I could have done it a lot faster. 1 tutorial level, 1 full exploration level, 1 short vehicle combat level, 1 walk around level, 1 quick chase event, and 1 driving event.
- Weird movement issues at points. I would try to interact with a ladder to go down and it would jump me in the air and climb up something that wasn't there.
- AI is dumb. I would shoot someone with a SMG and their buddy a couple feet away would still be walking patrol saying something like "I know he's around somewhere". Also some other nuances like "Cover me, I'm reloading" when no shots were fired.
- The melee combat is awful.
- The driving sequence has you driving around Moroco, but the city just loops around. You will drive through the same streets no matter how you progress.
Would I recommend it? Not really. The game has some glaring issues with it, in many cases to the point of them being comical. However I am curious what they are going to do with the next few episodes. I don't regret the purchase if for anything will make for a good playthrough video. It is a $5 USD game for let's say 1 hour of campaign. There is a survival mode that I unlocked after completing it, but I could take or leave that. The price point is so low that you might want to pick it up just to see what it's about, but you aren't going to miss anything groundbreaking if you don't. Plus it is probably the shortest campaign driven story game that I have ever played.