Cloudbuilt > General Discussions > Topic Details
CheZ'Da Mar 27, 2014 @ 9:49am
Sharing shortcuts
Sure it's fun to look for shortcuts yourself but when you don't find that shortcut that's keeping you from beating someone it can get frustrating. So if you're in that position or you're just lazy and don't want to find them yourself look no further. Post your shortcuts here and I'll edit them in a list. I'll start with 2 videos with not so obvious shortcuts.

The Meaning:
CheZ'Da - 29.332

My Inspiration:
CheZ'Da - 1:13:196

A Window:
Rusty - 27.445

The Clouds:
LEAD FACE - 30.404 (29.969)
Rusty - 30.767

Dreams:
Rusty

No Excuse:
CheZ'Da - 27.551
Rusty

Redeployment:
Ogam - 52.384 (No Ammo)

Emptiness:
Krag
Ogam (tower skip)[www.twitch.tv]

What's to Come:
CheZ'Da - 26.993
Ogam - 33.799
Ogam (rocket jumps)[www.twitch.tv]

In The Dark:
LEAD FACE - 34.776
Ogam (Start)[www.twitch.tv]
Rusty (Start)

Clarity:
Najkiro (Start <1> <2> <3>)

Escape:
CheZ'Da - 28.618

Beyond The Walls:
CheZ'Da - 30.013

The Initial Entry:
CheZDa - 45.026
Last edited by CheZ'Da; May 11, 2014 @ 6:44am
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
< >
Ogam Mar 27, 2014 @ 10:30am 
nice on one Inspiration, couldn't find a consistent way up there xD
Ponshi Mar 27, 2014 @ 10:38am 
Really nice!
I actually found another way up by accident while trying out your route combined with mine on The Meaning :D
arc Mar 27, 2014 @ 10:58am 
this is more of a general trick, but you can get a higher jump by jumping and then airdashing rather than dashing and then jumping. you can boost it even higher by double jumping immediately after airdashing, so you're basically pressing space->shift->space quickly. it's useful in a lot of places. hope this is helpful.
Rusty Mar 27, 2014 @ 11:17am 
Damage boosting in A Window is my favorite shortcut so far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LK_VDVDIdo Btw those runs are pretty impresive along with the rest on your channel.
Ogam Mar 27, 2014 @ 11:19am 
You can actually do some death exits in this game. Given that your body lands at the door. It's not too consistent to do though, easiest one to demonstrate it is A Window since there's a bunch of mines at the end.
CheZ'Da Mar 27, 2014 @ 12:07pm 
Originally posted by Ogam:
You can actually do some death exits in this game. Given that your body lands at the door. It's not too consistent to do though, easiest one to demonstrate it is A Window since there's a bunch of mines at the end.
That works? Gotta give it a try sometime.

Originally posted by h.a:
this is more of a general trick, but you can get a higher jump by jumping and then airdashing rather than dashing and then jumping. you can boost it even higher by double jumping immediately after airdashing, so you're basically pressing space->shift->space quickly. it's useful in a lot of places. hope this is helpful.
Also if you dashjump it uses more energy so it's almost always better to jumpdash. I didn't realize that until I had played quite a bit.
Last edited by CheZ'Da; Mar 27, 2014 @ 12:19pm
Rusty Mar 27, 2014 @ 12:28pm 
Just managed to get a death exit on A Window.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZnnHeFrv2I
Also it seem that when you land on the ground after you dash if you jump fast enough you can keep your speed.
Krag Mar 27, 2014 @ 1:06pm 
Originally posted by Rusty:
Damage boosting in A Window is my favorite shortcut so far.

That's pretty awesome. I spent 2 hours yesterday boosting into those flying mines in Emptiness. When I think about all the levels that have red mines, it scares me given how hard it is to get a consistent bouncing motion.
Rusty Mar 27, 2014 @ 7:43pm 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKSOvmbybdI
I was playing around in The Clouds and found this damage boost. If you do it just right you can land next to the Strike turrent or somewhere else on that platform.
Thatdude Mar 28, 2014 @ 8:53am 
Just wondering, how does the skip on "The meaning" work? I've been trying it for a while with no success. May just be me but I can't seem to boost fast enough after jumping off the wall.
Ogam Mar 28, 2014 @ 9:02am 
Try using a boost jump when jumping off the wall, if you need a little extra height you can do a full charged blast as you jump off.
CheZ'Da Mar 28, 2014 @ 9:56am 
Originally posted by Rusty:
I was playing around in The Clouds and found this damage boost. If you do it just right you can land next to the Strike turrent or somewhere else on that platform.
Are you addicted to boosting with mines? :D

Originally posted by Thatdude:
Just wondering, how does the skip on "The meaning" work? I've been trying it for a while with no success. May just be me but I can't seem to boost fast enough after jumping off the wall.
Are you talking about the wall run part at 12 seconds in my video? The most important thing is to be at the very top of the wall before jumping off, then the boost timing becomes almost irrelevant.


Rusty Mar 28, 2014 @ 10:21am 
Originally posted by CheZ'Da:
Are you addicted to boosting with mines? :D

What makes you think that? :) I may have found a couple more spots where mines can be misused. I'm gonna look around some more and see what else I can find.
Ogam Mar 28, 2014 @ 5:46pm 
Redeployment no ammo http://youtu.be/iIYkIXYVmgk
There's a few obvious places before the last checkpoint where I would prefer a rocket jump or two with how much energy is left. Ending prefer to grab a few energy balls then jump over the turrets to grab the single ball then head to the exit like in the video, but had the worse whiff possible.
Ogam Mar 30, 2014 @ 6:21am 
http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3978998 Emptiness tower skip, you can dash to one of the cubes ahead of the checkpoint.
http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3979012 What's to Come rocket jumping stuff.
http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3979026 Into the Dark starting

Not really a shortcut but just for fun http://www.twitch.tv/mrogam/c/3979068 Best Intentions
Last edited by Ogam; Mar 30, 2014 @ 6:35am
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50