Cloudbuilt > General Discussions > Topic Details
JMK Jul 24 @ 8:32pm
Achievements
Anyone doing a guide for them? Mostly wondering how to get the "I'm just the practice level" at the moment. Someone in the interwebz claimed you just had to play the practice level, but it doesn't seem so. I also tried dying a bunch of times and getting all the checkpoints and whatnot in practice level, but none of those seems to be the trigger.
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
For the "I'm just the practice level" one, you just have to stay in the practice level for an extended period of time. I got mine when I accidentally went AFK in the practice level so I can't tell you exactly how long.

I want to know how to get "Among Friends, hug the mines"
Zanarias Jul 25 @ 1:21am 
ACHIEVEMENT SPOILERS KTHX

Among Friends is given when you use your body as a human pinball between a bunch of mines. Your body keeps hitting them after you're dead and you have to hit a couple of extra ones. I'll let you figure out what level to do that on.

Source: I have it
Last edited by Zanarias; Jul 25 @ 1:23am
Gafgar  [developer] Jul 25 @ 10:08am 
xD How did you figure out that? The mine bouncing I though would be pretty hard to figure out.

And the time you need to spend in the practice level is 5 min. :)
Zanarias Jul 25 @ 10:37am 
Well, the background picture for the achievement made it pretty clear to me. I thought it was two mines at first since that's all you can hit while alive, but when that didn't work I realized I probably had to hit more somehow.

I really enjoyed that achievement though :D
Last edited by Zanarias; Jul 25 @ 10:37am
Wobs23 {Bunny for WCS Champ} Jul 25 @ 12:52pm 
Castle in the Sky
"It's Smaller Than I Imagined"

Best achievement in the game... And it's all mine! MWAHAHAHA!
Cavalcadence Jul 27 @ 8:25pm 
Originally posted by Zanarias//:Overcast:
Among Friends is given when you use your body as a human pinball between a bunch of mines. Your body keeps hitting them after you're dead and you have to hit a couple of extra ones.
Originally posted by Gafgar:
xD How did you figure out that? The mine bouncing I thought would be pretty hard to figure out.
I actually got Among Friends purely by accident, earlier today. =) I was trying something else, failed miserably, hit a couple mines, and when I respawned, the Achievement popped up. =)

Oddly, it wasn't on the stage I thought it would be unlocked on. Is it possible to get Among Friends on more than one stage?

If anybody's interested, I unlocked it on Emptiness, on that long wall with all the mines.

Also, I thought I only hit two mines, but it happened pretty quickly, so it's possible I actually hit more... or maybe I cancelled the after-death bounces by skipping to the respawn, or something.

Originally posted by Wobs23:
Castle in the Sky
"It's Smaller Than I Imagined"

Best achievement in the game... And it's all mine! MWAHAHAHA!
Congrats! =)

Out of curiosity, is there something special you have to do for this one? Based on its rarity I was assuming it was a "Get every other achievement" or a "Finish the game after getting every other achievement" achievement... so I haven't really been looking for ways to unlock it... but if it isn't an "all achievements" achievement, maybe I should start looking. =)
ShinDigPig Jul 30 @ 8:55am 

Unlocked: Apr 16 @ 4:53pm
Downpour
Complete Rain

Unlocked: Apr 16 @ 4:53pm
Shifting Light
Complete Eclipse

Unlocked: Apr 16 @ 4:53pm
Eyes Wide Open
Complete Cloudbuilt


Originally posted by Wobs23:
Castle in the Sky
"It's Smaller Than I Imagined"

Best achievement in the game... And it's all mine! MWAHAHAHA!

Is that achievement hacking or what? offline play?
Zanarias Jul 30 @ 9:04am 
No. I have it as well, and it can be completed without cheating or anything.

I will say that it's not "get every other achievement".
Last edited by Zanarias; Jul 30 @ 9:04am
RaneFire Jul 30 @ 9:05am 
Apr 16 is probably around the time those achievements were introduced. Naturally everyone who had a finished game save file were updated automatically, so that explains 4:53 timestamp on all of them. Anyway it was sometime early April. It was just a matter of when he logged in and steam retrieved the data.
Last edited by RaneFire; Jul 30 @ 9:09am
ShinDigPig Jul 30 @ 9:14am 
Originally posted by RaneFire:
Apr 16 is probably around the time those achievements were introduced. Naturally everyone who had a finished game save file were updated automatically, so that explains 4:53 timestamp on all of them. Anyway it was sometime early April. It was just a matter of when he logged in and steam retrieved the data.
Ok, makes sense :P



Originally posted by Zanarias//:Overcast:
No. I have it as well, and it can be completed without cheating or anything.

I will say that it's not "get every other achievement".
I mean his timestamps on the other achieves he has :P (but that guy answered me)
Zanarias Jul 30 @ 9:24am 
Oh, woops :x
Castle in the sky is an interesting one... I wonder who else can figure it out :)
Last edited by Wobs23 {Bunny for WCS Champ}; Jul 30 @ 2:53pm
xKingdomHearts Jul 30 @ 3:22pm 
Thanks for all the help
Cavalcadence Jul 30 @ 8:02pm 
Originally posted by Wobs23:
Castle in the sky is an interesting one... I wonder who else can figure it out :)
Originally posted by Zanarias//:Overcast:
I will say that it's not "get every other achievement".
Hmm, okay. I'll keep my eyes open for places or actions it might be, then. =) Though I have a sneaking suspicion it might actually be in a location I won't be able to get to, at my current skill level. =/

Originally posted by ShinDigPig:
Unlocked: Apr 16 @ 4:53pm
...
Unlocked: Apr 16 @ 4:53pm
...
Unlocked: Apr 16 @ 4:53pm
...
achievement hacking or what? offline play?
Originally posted by RaneFire:
Apr 16 is probably around the time those achievements were introduced. Naturally everyone who had a finished game save file were updated automatically, so that explains 4:53 timestamp on all of them.
That sounds about right.

Also, Achievements that are earned when Steam is in Offline mode will actually get timestamped with the date and time of your next Online login (rather than when they were actually unlocked), so that's another way Achievements can get identical timestamps.

I tend to do most of my Steam gaming in Offline mode (it's slightly more convenient, due to my current setup) unless there's a reason not to (like playing with/against other players, or trying for leaderboard entries), so for some of my games, I actually have clusters of Achievements all with the same timestamp because of that. =)
Sivade Jul 30 @ 8:16pm 
i'll give a little hint for castle in the sky. fog branch .

Originally posted by Cavalcadence:
Hmm, okay. I'll keep my eyes open for places or actions it might be, then. =) Though I have a sneaking suspicion it might actually be in a location I won't be able to get to, at my current skill level. =/

supercharge mode is useful for finding it but it can be done without
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50