Update #5 is now out of beta and done! Check it out here:http://steamcommunity.com/games/262210/announcements/detail/157942138272037343
[UPDATE July 27] [Beta-new brach only, see down below for instructions]
More tweaks and fixes and the mac version is now also fixed and available in the beta-new branch.
- Mac only: fixed rogue rider mode not loading
- changed clock power up (slomo when really close to obstacle and faster strafing)
- added some death words
- tweaked raising volcano isles to be easier
- improved cannon power up (instant destroy of close enemies/destructibles)
- improved cinematic cameras
- improved some collisions
- fixed shield thunder death bug (this time confirmed)
- fixed some bugs with cinematic cameras and slowmo
- fixed traders header graphics
- fixed info text in inventory not getting updated on item switch
- fixed rainbows power up in RRA break when a bridge placed before start
- fixed warning sound glitch with volcano area
[UPDATE July 22]
New version with much more changes and fixes! After some trouble with various things this should be now really close to the final Update 5. This update also adds the 12 new achievements:
The cinematic cameras have been tweaked quite a lot and there is now also a option to turn the jousting cinematic camera off.
All new changes:
- Added 12 new achievements
- Added option for cinematic cams
- Added death text for starving, exploding and zapped
- Added a bit of tutorial text and inventory opening info
- Fixed shield combined with thunder resulting in death
- Fixed missing ceiling geometry when switching back to normal death cam after cinematic
- Fixed missing slowmo when exploding
- Fixed X-mas food not getting set anymore
- Fixed fogs getting set wrong after cinematic camera
- Fixed quest fence scratches not getting counted when particles are set off
- Fixed inventory hightlights not getting reset
- Fixed refers to "meat and apple" to meals
- Fixed map symbols not being animated on death
- Fixed death screen fx gets set off by cinematic camera end
- Fixed info box glitch with graveyard background
- Fixed dieing in inventory not working properly
- Fixed rain cave bug (this time for real, most likely)
- Fixed treasure diamonds not getting counted to the overall diamonds count
- Tweaked cinematic cams to be properly skipable
- Tweaked cinematic cams to be used also based on horizontal position
- Tweaked that you don't die when slightly missing a bucket with your lance down
- Tweaked Hats droprate to be higher
- Tweaked gold count to be faster in Rogue Rider mode
- Improved starving death
- Improved barrels a tad
[UPDATE July 15th]
Just uploaded a update to the new-beta branch. Below are all the changes of that version to the previous beta version. There is now also a first version of the intro added.
If the game should crash for you when skipping that intro please let me know.
Added a intro movie (not completed)
Fixed random broken treasure item (was also possible to get minus gold)
Fixed treasure screen not properly reopening
Fixed rare too big gap at volcano end
Fixed horse helmet not scaling with fatness
Improved some geometry for cinematic cameras
Improved cinematic cameras placement
Improved cinematic animations
Improved 4 feet ground check (mostly for strafing on bridges)
Improved cannon to increase barrel size based on ball size
Improved food on start placement
Tweaked diamonds drop rate to be more for isles and volcano
Tweaked tongue and fireball to not harm when on safety rope
Tweaked rope to have a bit of slowmo at start
I just uploaded the beta of update #5 to the "new-beta" branch for you to get your hands on! Since it introduces big changes to the rogue rider mode it will run for some days or even a week till it is all done and tweaked as the final Update #5.
To download the beta simply go in Library > right click Last Knight > Properties > Betas Tab > select "Beta-new". You can then also go back out of it there as you like.
It is the most important update yet, here is a quick rundown of the biggest changes:
- First version of the inventory
>With food, power ups and diamonds.
- Traders and treasures
>Added to the map and inventory screen, prices might still need more balancing
- Wide range of different food that prevents you from starving to death.
>Easy areas have them scattered around and you can get emergency food, that you can carry on the horse's back, through traders. Again, more balancing might be needed. Let me know if you starve too often or not at all. Here is a taste of it:
Knight food in motion: http://imgur.com/4wjLY7C
- Cinematic cameras
>For deaths, areas and levels finished and jousting when there is enough space. It might work not everywhere like it should. Let me know if it is annoying or in front of specific obstacles.
- Ghost power up less overpowered
>You now slowly seep through the ground as a ghost but you can simply go up again by jumping. Additionally you can not eat in the rogue rider mode as a ghost because obviously all the food falls through your belly.
The new achievements are still missing and not all fixes of this version have been tested yet. The traders are currently just silhouettes, since that is not important and quite a bit of work I keep that for next update. There is also just placeholder text for the food currently, if you have ideas let me know. The beta of Update #5 is only for PC since I still have 2 big issues to fix on the Mac version.
I created a thread here where you can post feedback: http://steamcommunity.com/app/262210/discussions/0/46476691341660233/