Publisert: 19. januar
It should be noted straight away that this game cannot be run on modern operating systems without unofficial patches. For those who don't want to take the time to figure out how to do this, you'll probably want to avoid purchasing this game.
That said, if you're comfortable with spending a few minutes finding and installing the unofficial patches, you might find this game interesting. You should probably wait for a deep-cut sale though; $20 for a 10 year old game that barely made it out of production is a little silly.
- Excellent writing (easily the best aspect of the game)
- Compelling storyline
- Interesting lore and characters
- Voice acting is very well done
- Play as one of seven vampire clans with differing abilities
- Allows for several different play styles
- Explore side quests in a non-linear fashion
- Multiple endings
- Combat feels very clumsy. The defensive stance in melee combat is essentially worthless. It is difficult to maneuver and avoid being hit by enemy attacks.
- The game favors melee combat until much later in the game where guns are very powerful. However, since this is an RPG, the player must level up their skills one way or the other. Certain boss encounters are very difficult for players who choose a melee play style.
- There are stats that are basically worthless to invest in, such as haggling. Lockpicking and hacking can be useful for those in a hurry, but are in most cases not needed since keys and password notes can be found nearby. Other stats such as those used to influence others in dialogue are useful early on in the game, but aren't used at all later on.
- It is not possible to remain in first-person view at all times. The game forces you into the third-person view when engaging in melee combat. Ranged combat functions like a first person shooter.
- The player can make many different choices, but there are no diverging story paths. All choices the player makes eventually lead to the same outcome.
- The graphics aren't terrible, but look quite dated.
- At times there are graphical glitches or weird physics.