Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Arickugelmeistr Dec 10, 2012 @ 11:54am
Engine Error?
I try to play this game multiple times and i keep getting an error stating that the available memory less than 15MB!!! - 54673408, that is the exact error. Now ive tried redownloading it and yes i have a very capable computer with enough memory, so please help
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Booty Warrior Dec 11, 2012 @ 12:20am 
I played this game years ago, and while great, it has more bugs than a newly released MMORPG, Bethesda game, or Obsidian game combined. Sadly, as tech increases, it seems NEW compatibility bugs arise all the time. Might wanna Amazon a s****y emachine to play it on.
Sharky Dec 13, 2012 @ 6:40pm 
Originally posted by Xythurr:
I played this game years ago, and while great, it has more bugs than a newly released MMORPG, Bethesda game, or Obsidian game combined. Sadly, as tech increases, it seems NEW compatibility bugs arise all the time. Might wanna Amazon a s****y emachine to play it on.
Seriously? No.
This is easily fixed by installing the unofficial patches. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2025035
Just follow that forum post, it's very easy to fix. WITHOUT buying "a sh!tty emachine" off of Amazon.

EDIT: Also, if you've joined the Steam community beta group, I've put together a helpful guide on how to install the unofficial patch: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113161476#363
Booty Warrior Dec 15, 2012 @ 10:02pm 
Clearly humor is lost on you. As is the art of a friendly troll. I didn't state the obvious because the question has been answered 10000000 times. Seriously? You thought I was serious about the e-machine? /facepalm
Sharky Dec 15, 2012 @ 10:27pm 
Originally posted by Xythurr:
Clearly humor is lost on you. As is the art of a friendly troll. I didn't state the obvious because the question has been answered 10000000 times. Seriously? You thought I was serious about the e-machine? /facepalm
Yes, I seriously thought you were actually that dumb. Humanity has proven me wrong before. Also making a tard post like that doesn't help anything, he could've just searched it and found the answer, that's true, but not answering his question here doesn't get us anywhere, now does it? Then you insult me for being helpful? Hey everyone, look at this cool guy here.
Booty Warrior Dec 18, 2012 @ 7:07pm 
Nowhere did I insult you in any previous post. Now I'm insulting you. Come down off yer high horse oh judge of humanity, and learn to take a joke, not insult other peoples intelligence, and try to spin it around on them like a ♥♥♥♥♥. If you seriously got offended by my response then your in for a hard life kiddo. Best develop a thicker skin. Hey everyone, look at this cool guy here.
Sharky Dec 18, 2012 @ 7:12pm 
Originally posted by Xythurr:
Nowhere did I insult you in any previous post. Now I'm insulting you. Come down off yer high horse oh judge of humanity, and learn to take a joke, not insult other peoples intelligence, and try to spin it around on them like a ♥♥♥♥♥. If you seriously got offended by my response then your in for a hard life kiddo. Best develop a thicker skin. Hey everyone, look at this cool guy here.
Not reading this reply of yours, I've got better things to do than to degrade myself like that, and the thread's question was answered just fine. Think of me what you will, I really don't care for simpletons such as yourself.
Booty Warrior Dec 18, 2012 @ 11:09pm 
Not reading yet you reply? Hail the high judge of humanity, that decrees who are wise, or foolish! We bow to your wisdom oh Lord Sharky!
depressed_fox69 Dec 23, 2012 @ 12:43pm 
k so wtf is wrong why can i not play this game????????????i just paid money for it and i know my laptop can run it so wtf
Booty Warrior Dec 23, 2012 @ 3:24pm 
Just follow Lord Sharky's guide.
Booty Warrior Dec 23, 2012 @ 3:25pm 
There's even a link up there....
Mr_Individual_Eleven Dec 23, 2012 @ 3:36pm 
I bought the game off Gamestop since it was being sold for 5$ instead of 15$ here on Steam, I could play it fine but the horrible resoultion, blurry textures annoyed me so downloaded the patch, but now when ever i try to start a new game, the game crashs. What did I do wrong? is it because i dont have a steam version of the game?
Sharky Dec 23, 2012 @ 3:37pm 
Originally posted by J'avo:
I bought the game off Gamestop since it was being sold for 5$ instead of 15$ here on Steam, I could play it fine but the horrible resoultion, blurry textures annoyed me so downloaded the patch, but now when ever i try to start a new game, the game crashs. What did I do wrong? is it because i dont have a steam version of the game?

Does it give you any error messages when crashing, if so, what do they say?
Viking Wolf Jan 11, 2013 @ 2:59am 
this happens with me can anyone help?
Sharky Jan 11, 2013 @ 3:14pm 
Originally posted by BrynJis:
this happens with me can anyone help?
Hey, I compiled a guide to help with solving this error, as linked below, if you follow it and it doesn't work, or it's not clear enough, just send me a friend request, and I'll see what I can do. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113161476
Booty Warrior Jan 12, 2013 @ 11:02pm 
Hey Sharky, I think it's pretty damn cool how you help people with this amazing game. My previous posts ,and humor were in bad taste. I apologize.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 10, 2012 @ 11:54am
Posts: 16