Posted: October 10, 2014
That game can be described in one word: amazing.
I mean, beside being such a complex game created and maintained by one dev, it has dozen of features and things that make it even better:
- Humor. Dialogues, story, everything is filled with dark, hidden, or obvious humor. Even the achievements have sometimes the best names I've ever seen ("I cleared the room of death and all I got was this lousy achievement!")
- Death. You can probably die a thousand times differently.
- Death (again). You can choose to have an amount of lives to spend, or you can go in full Roguelike-Permadeath-Nightmare/Madness difficulty, but in that game, you will die a lot, that's for sure.
- Network. No multiplayer, but just a global chat, that also let you know when another payer achieves something, or DIES. So you know you're not alone.
- MOD THAT GAME TO DEATH
- You have so many classes and races to play as and to combine in the vanilla, you probably won't even know what to play anymore after you modded the game to death. There is probably a character-mod for every single creature in the game. There is even a mod that allows you to play as a TREE.
- B*tch, I'm a Mega Turtle Storm Knight
- The story is a big part of the game. TomE isn't a simple randomly-generated-try-or-die-exploring-maze Roguelike. It has continents, locations, races, people, events of the past, yeah, a story.
- B*tch, I'm a Star Elf Paradox Mage
- There are so many items, you don't know if it's possible to have something balanced in that. And a lot of the items have a story, and special abilities. Also, you're not limited, in terms of what you wanna wear. Wanna be a human mage that shoots fire with his sword ? Go ahead.
- B*tch, I'm a Dwarf Arcane Gladiator
I just love it.