Last weekend we presented Savant at Raptus, and left the audience with a teaser of what's to come for Savant - Ascent.
You can view footage from the presentation here:Youtube: D-Pad presents Savant at Raptus
(sneak-peek at 6:48)
We'll be announcing the official release-date soon, meanwhile, here's some additional info on the game:Will the expansion be free to download?
- Yes, all the new content will be free for those who already own Savant - Ascent. This is because we love the players(you guys). You're the ones who's been making this game a success. We've collected the numbers, soon surpassing 300.000 copies of the game sold. We're thinking this is cause for celebration and new content worthy of the players!What will the expansion add to the game?
- A looong list of things! We were originally gonna update the game slowly over the weekends, but it turned out way bigger than we thought, and we decided to bundle it all up in one go: Here are just some of the improvements:
Will this be the final version of the game?
- New level + boss showdown
- New soundtrack and ability
- Stage selection screen
- Full controller support
- In-game achievement screen and progress tracking(cds collected etc.)
- Maybe, maybe not. According to Savant lore, there's still one chapter left of the Alchemist's story. We might tell it at some point, although most of our time these days is dedicated to Owlboy[www.owlboygame.com]
, so we can't promise anything. After Owlboy is done, we will most likely jump onto other projects, and there might be a chance one of those will be Savant related(Simon and Savant has created a universe we can literally make 100s of games from).So, you're working on Owlboy still? When is it coming out?
- Don't ask.
For most recent updates, feel free to follow D-Pad Studio on Twitter