This release is available, on a beta opt-in basis for now.
Changes:* Steam Cloud support is here (Steam builds only, obviously.)
- "Steam Cloud" section added to Game Options.
- Syncing for character progress, game options, and keybindings may be toggled independently.* Added weapons lock-on mechanic, which is required by default.
- To hold a weapons lock, your combat target must remain within the area of the targeting reticle and line of sight.
- If a weapons lock is not held, auto-aim will be disabled and rockets may not be fired.
- To revert to the old behavior where auto-aim was always on, untick "Require combat target lock-on" in Gameplay Options.
- The "Look at Target" command may not be used when requiring weapons lock; made some HUD changes to help make up for this.* Added engine boost mechanic, now built-in to all ships!
- Boosting provides a substantial increase to forward thrust.
- To boost your engines, press shift while thrusting. This keybinding may be remapped to your liking.
- If you boost for too long, your engines will overheat, and may not be used at all until they've fully cooled down.
- While boosting, fuel will be consumed at an accelerated rate, and your engines will lose durability. Use it sparingly!
- Gotta go fast!* Enemy AI behavior tweaks:
- Enemies now enter Berserk mode at 65% health.
- Enemies may use engine boost when evading. Evasion behavior kicks in when an enemy sustains critical damage.* Minor HUD tweaks:
- Untargeted units now have a diamond indicator to distinguish them from the current target, which has a hexagon.
- Increased size of off-screen arrow indicator for the current target. Decreased arrow size for untargeted units.
- Added indicators for weapon lock status.
- Added indicator for engine temperature.
- Fixed issue where enemy overshield/armor bar was partially blocking their velocity and distance.* "Advanced Options" Game Options section removed.
- Target FPS moved to Graphics Options.
- "Enable Debug Menu" option removed.* Save system rewritten. Location and format of save files changed.
- Import/export debug commands removed. These options are no longer needed under the new save system.
- Upon launching Zigfrak 1.11, any existing saved game data will be imported into the new save system.* Added descriptions for graphics quality settings slider.* Added gameplay hints to loading screen.* Updated several tutorial missions to mention weapons lock-on and engine boost mechanics.
Fixes:* Fixed an issue where no more than 10 ships could appear in the player's shipyard.