strang cursor issue... windows 8 pc...
so i got this game and its hard for me to do anything that requires cursor movements (like hitting the start button) because the cursor doesnt want to move... like itll move a little bit, then go back then move a bit more and go back... its basically like taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back... but more sporadic and unpredictable...
Brother None: I'm editing in this post from crimsonmagi on page 2 which contains detailed instructions on fixing the mouse issues with Windows 8.1.
As Brother None and Darax and recommended, the step by step in the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279
1. Click Start, type regedit.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
2. Click Yes if the User Account Control dialog box is displayed.
3. Browse to the following folder:
Note: If the Layers key does not exist, right-click AppCompatFlags, click New, click Key, and then type Layers to create the key.
4. Create a new registry entry for the game. To do this, right-click Layers, click New, click String Value, type the full path of the game’s executable file in the box, and then press Enter.
5. Right-click the value, and then click Modify. In the Value data field, type NoDTToDITMouseBatch, and then press Enter.
6. Click OK to confirm the change. The registry key in Registry Editor should resemble the entry in the following:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wasteland\wasteland.exe
For the patch to work a registry key needs to be added for wasteland:
7. Open an elevated Command Prompt window. To do this, click Start, type cmd.exe in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe in the search results list, and then click Run as administrator.
8. Run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
I missed steps 7 and 8 first time around and it did not work. After completing all the above steps it worked and the mouse movement is smooth and fully functional. A huge thanks to Brother None and Darax.