Verfasst: 25. November
Well, I tend to write very short reviews, but I'm going to make this one as all-encompassing as I can becase if there was ever a game I felt needed more publicity, it would be this one.
As I write this review I have around 750ish hours logged in this game, with no signs of stopping. It's addictive, wether you count that as good or bad. And as someone who played Yu-gi-oh and MTG for about 6 years, I can say that this is the best TCG I've ever played. So this is my perspective as a diehard fan and avid player.
- It's free to play. Not much more to say there.
- The Card art is phenomenal. Each one is fully animated (as seen in the trailor) and the artists do a fantastic job taking their time on each one to make them perfect.
- The playstyle is unique and innovative. Simultaneous turns is perhaps my favorite part about this game, and what seperates from every other TCG I've played. It allows for players to use a prediction skill and creates the most skill-based plays and combos you can imagine.
- The community is fantastic. Players are helpful towards one another and the devs who hang around in the global chat do a wonderful job making sure new players are fitting in and having a good time.
- There is a quest system where you can unlock achievements for winning games, or even just playing a lot. These quests have reward cards and other vanity items to make yourself look way more pro when you play. Which, at least to me, is really awesome.
- There is extensive lore behind the game and the factions within (as seen in the trailor, there ar several factions that you can think of as "types" of cards in yu-gi-oh or "colors" in magic). The lore is well written and the community writes fanfiction for it all the time on the game's forums. https://www.infinitywarsgame.com/#!/
- There is a great set of campaigns for each faction that allows you to get a starter deck for that faction to play with and adapt.
- Lightmare has recently implemented a system of weekly free decks that players can use without having to actually own the cards. This is great for new players who want to develop strategy and see new ideas, or even for older players to just have some fun.
- There are already several fantastic sets of cards available for purchase at the store with in-game currency or irl money, as well as starter decks preorders when applicable. New sets are released regularly and are heavily hyped with previews and sample cards given as rewards proceeding the release.
- Not a whole lot of players yet, or at least not as many as this game deserves. This can lead to taking a few minutes to find a game sometimes, especially when you reach higher rankings, though I have never taken more than 3 minutes to find a game myself.
Now for some other info that will only matter for a couple weeks. From november 21st to december 12th the preorders are available for the new set, Order. On the weekend of the 28th-1st, there will be a double IP/XP weekend. So, if you were thinking about joining this game, now is probably the best time to do it.
Lastly, Teremus, the community manager for this game (also known as the beloved/dreaded Terror Moose) streams this game very every saturday. In particular, during this double IP/XP weekend he will be streaming with another dev and some of the top players of the game to review some unseen cards from the new set, Order. On regular saturdays, he just messes around with the community and plays for fun, and he's always willing to help people out. If you don't know how you feel about this game yet, I encourage you to check his stream out on saturdays. http://www.twitch.tv/infinitywarstcg
That's just about it for me. I fully and wholeheartedly recommend this game to anyone who likes TCGs. 10/10. Enthusiatic thumb-up. 5 star quality. However you wanna say it, it's amazing.