Today I’m happy to share all the new features and content we’ve been working hard to get into the newest version of Fuse. We're excited to see how you use the new toon, aged and teenager character meshes and all the military/operational clothing content you’ve been asking for to create the unique characters you need. There are also a few other surprises in store for this release.
New Download Types for Garry’s Mod and Source Filmmaker
Today marks a full year of Fuse being available as a standalone application available on Steam.
To celebrate our Steam-a-versary we made it easier to get your unique Fuse character into the popular Source engine applications, Garry's Mod and Source Filmmaker. Now when you create a 3D character with Fuse and Auto-Rig it on Mixamo, you have the option to download it as a ragdoll for Gmod or a character and animation for SFM.
Now you can download Fuse characters to use in Gmod or SFM
Tutorials to guide the way
Need some guidance on how to work with the new download types? Click on the links below for the specific tutorial you need. And don't be shy about exploring the new Mixamo Community where you can find all the documentation, forums and support you need for all things Mixamo.
A Special Thanks
Thank you to our SFM guru community activists for helping us understand the SFM import process: Casey Billadeau, Grigory Revzin, Pte Jack, and Daniel Barreiro. Without these guys, the download type for SFM would not be possible!
What Else is New in Fuse 1.3?
What did our Fuse survey tell us that you wanted to see more of? Why, cartooney characters, aged characters and more realistic teenage characters of course!
- Toons, aliens and combat-ready 3D characters are yours to create in Fuse 1.3
- The full list of new features and content in Fuse v1.3!:
- New Toon, Aged, and Teen character content- No more generational gaps!
- New Military and Occupational Content - Doctors, Police Officers, Firefighters... build your virtual city from the ground up!
- Reference Image Planes - Import an image to use a reference while you are creating your custom character
- Asynchronous Substance Loading - Allows you to more quickly construct your character and add clothing while the substances are rendered in the background
- Retopologized Characters with higher quality edge loops and face definition
- Dynamic Cloth Wear - Updated substance parameters allow you to weather raised edges of your character's clothing
- Better selection visibility - previous bounding boxes are now form-fitting highlights around a selected object
- 10 New Substances!
So there you have it, folks. Another launch of Fuse, one year older and a whole lot smarter. We hope its everything you wanted and more. If you have comments or want to vote for what you’d like to see in Fuse, head on over to the Mixamo Community and chime in on the Fuse Ideas Forum[community.mixamo.com]
And stay tuned for the next release of Fuse sometime in early 2015. We’ll be unveiling some very exciting additions to the Fuse ecosystem.
In the meantime, Happy Fusing!