Steam Marines is steaming toward full release within a month! Having been on Early Access for a little over a year now (since September 2013), development has been largely affected by players offering feedback and suggestions.
A brief overview of what has been added since hitting Steam:
- Linux build (yay!)
- Alien Deck and final Patriach boss.
- Weather/random event system.
- Game options to cater to more casual players.
- Level completion scoring report system.
- Brutal difficulty level.
- The Engineer marine class.
- Perks to further differentiate marines.
- Marine retraining to reclass and continue leveling stats and skills.
- Faster AI Delay settings for impatient players.
- Exposed internal data for modding.
- Steam Achievements and Trading Cards.
- New items, weapon ammo types, and alien enemies.
Steam Marines will be released soon, but not abandoned. I fully expect bugs to crop up and I will be here to squash them. The price will remain at $15 for the foreseeable future, and purchasing Steam Marines on non-Steam platforms will continue to provide Steam keys.
Thanks for helping Steam Marines become a real game!
P.S. Remember, there's a Beta Requests thread on the discussion forum!