Rust > General Discussions > Topic Details
Grey Knight Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:20am
how do i make a private server
Got Rust and so far it is a good game but i would like to create a private server so i can get down some of the basics befor i try pvp, so can someone tell me i how to creat a private server.
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
< >
HeplMeh Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:25am 
You cant, only select hosting by hosts Gary selcts as far as I know.
Ryan Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:45am 
Join our server. It's very quiet and not populated and you'll be left alone unless you pick a fight. Find a secluded spot on the map and live your life. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/252490/discussions/0/630800444128016374/
Grey Knight Dec 24, 2013 @ 2:07am 
Thanks i didnt know you cant host a server and thanks ill try out your server
Knight9603 Dec 28, 2013 @ 5:52pm 
What is the server name?
BALANCE Dec 28, 2013 @ 9:15pm 
u can make a server but not a private one it is about 36/61$ go to PLAYRUST.EU
Last edited by BALANCE; Dec 28, 2013 @ 9:16pm
gaming gilmore Jan 9 @ 7:25pm 
Originally posted by BALANCE:
u can make a server but not a private one it is about 36/61$ go to PLAYRUST.EU
is that a one time payment or what
Prophyt Jan 10 @ 6:22pm 
You can host a server without paying. If your internet connection is not good enough it wont be an enjoyable experience for other players, but you will have no issue playing on your own server. Once you download the files and host it on your machine you connect like you normally would and your server shows up in the Community list.
Finn Jan 10 @ 6:24pm 
Originally posted by Prophyt:
Once you download the files and host it on your machine you connect like you normally would and your server shows up in the Community list.

How exactly? To my knowledge you need the beta key to run the steamcmd properly.
Last edited by Finn; Jan 10 @ 6:25pm
Vyrelord Jan 10 @ 6:25pm 
You can... But I'll stick to hosters for now as servers like this can and will get banned with the user along with it.
Prophyt Jan 12 @ 11:51pm 
I have run the server successfully for a group of 10 players, no ban. I sincerely doubt out of the thousands of community servers that all of those players paid 20$ for an early access game + pay a monthly hosting fee; that would be highly unrealistic especially given the amount of cheating going on. You dont need a beta key to run the server after youve acquired the files, and the steam master servers keep your private server up to date automatically. They are roughly 500mb in size total. You can find them online already zipped or you can download them direct by logging in anonymously to steamcmd.
Kuro The Umbreon Jan 14 @ 9:57am 
Originally posted by Prophyt:
I have run the server successfully for a group of 10 players, no ban. I sincerely doubt out of the thousands of community servers that all of those players paid 20$ for an early access game + pay a monthly hosting fee; that would be highly unrealistic especially given the amount of cheating going on. You dont need a beta key to run the server after youve acquired the files, and the steam master servers keep your private server up to date automatically. They are roughly 500mb in size total. You can find them online already zipped or you can download them direct by logging in anonymously to steamcmd.


the SteamCmd thats Srcds correct? i use that to host Gmod servers, so what your saying then is it is possible to run your own Private Rust Server? because if so i would love to do so for myself and my friends when i get the game.
AXO Jan 14 @ 10:01am 
Leaking Rust servers files will result in a VAC ban.
Lots of people complain about that but Garry said that those files are not public yet.

Search on Rust++ and Oxide mode forum, you will have all your answer.

Good luck with that. Better get your server from an official GSP.
Antonio Banderas Jan 14 @ 10:19am 
You can't, But in the future... who knows xD
Prophyt Jan 14 @ 1:39pm 
there is no registration process in hosting your own server. They also cant ban you for downloading server files anonymously. It isnt tied to your personal steam account (besides that steam accounts are free). The steps to download the server files are public, and no you dont get banned for downloading them or running your own server. you get banned for being a lame ♥♥♥ cheater. Keep your facts straight so you dont pollute the already bad community.
YouPorn#Killjoy Jan 14 @ 1:49pm 
rent one
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:20am
Posts: 47