Maia 0.44 is out! Here's a quick video of me giving the new build a go.
New features:Catastrophic earthquakes!
Poorly constructed bases are now vulnerable to chain reaction collapses. Digging out large areas will cause structural weaknesses to build in the rock above. Strong earthquakes can cause the rock to give way, destroying anything unlucky enough to be caught underneath. Build rooms and bulkheads to strengthen areas and avert disaster.Reworked research!
Secure new technologies with an improved research system. Collect animal remains and fossils to generate data on the planets ecosystem. Colonists with free time and rest will turn their minds to invention and generate data on their own.Creepy herbivorous underground dwellers.
A new creature to destroy your solar panels and ruin your day!AI improvements.
The AI now has a greater understanding of the world around them. Colonists now track over fifty individual and group needs and will make smarter decisions on what tasks to carry out.Even more Haikus!
With many more topics to explore and a more detailed understanding of their environment, the colonists can now write one million different procedural poems. They can also write useful reports, which is probably more important that poems.Save games.
Detailed additions to the save system now track far more aspects of the simulation. Allowing you to carry forward every aspect of your baseEngine performance upgrades.
With some careful profiling and optimisation I have managed to increase performance by up to 15% for low end users. Further upgrades in the game code have levelled CPU usage, which should reduce frame-rate stutter and similar issues.Medical treatment.
Your colonists can now rest up in the medical room to overcome their injuries and ailments. Injuries will are now more obvious and shown through the characters movements.Game code improvement.
A massive rewrite of the core game code has eradicated the stability issues and allowed for more aggressive use of system memory. It also opens up the path towards extensive scripting support for modders.
- New shrubberies and a more realistic procedural planting system.
- More ground detailing.
- Linux fixes. XDG compliance and a few windowing improvements.
- Fail states when you are terrible and should feel bad.
- Hopper functionality actually working. Efficient storage of building materials.
- Amnesia issue fixed. Colonists will try to remember what they are doing when the world changes.
- Text speed variation. Larger chunks of text are drawn faster to remove waiting for it to appear.
- Animation flickering fixed.
- Fixed creatures coming into the base to sniff things.
- Colonists are no longer compulsive eaters.
- Lots of sound tweaks. Atmosphere alarms are more obvious.
- IMP lockups eradicated.
- Temporary quicksave icons on the GUI because nobody ever remembers to look up how to save.
- Death reports are no longer sent twice.
- Colonists landing from orbit are less likely to land somewhere bad.
- Lots of other small glitches fixed.
Thanks for being patient whilst we got this huge update together!