Maia 0.45 is ready for playing. Here's a quick look video!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czrGGgSi2rU
New features:A problem shared!
New AI interaction code allowing your colonists to communicate with each other and delegate tasks to the most able. Your colony will now run like a well lubricated Morris Minor.Research!
Many new technology perks based on real science have been added. Improve your wind turbines with electrodynamic bearings and coat your bulkhead doors with carbon-carbon to make them stronger than ever!A new room.
The living area provides an insulated, safe and quiet environment for your colonists to rest and recuperate in, improving their health and sanity.Many optimisations.
Lower end CPUs will see a big improvement in framerate thanks to a new pathing system for locked doors and inaccessible rooms.
- Key bindings reworked and interchangeable. 1..9 can cycle objects in a build list and q+e can cycle rooms.
- Doors are no longer in build lists, are context sensitive when walls are moused over (not perfect yet, can be finicky)
- Starvation is now more accurately tracked. Colonists will die much quicker without food.
- Imp now is more responsive to cancelled jobs.
- Reflections are now lit and are looking quite pretty.
- Some new meshes for upgraded items.
- All crash bugs nailed (he says).
- Earthquakes are slightly gentler.
- A whole bunch of Linux issues nailed down.
- Better performance for Mac users.
- Imp no longer recycles full water barrels like some sort of crazy eco warrior.
- Colonists no longer leave empty barrels by the solar still.
- Imp can destroy plants outside and uproot grasses.
- The ecosystem is balanced and you can see some cool battles between the plant species play out over the weeks.
- Pressing y during the tutorial no longer spawns earthquakes that make the game unplayable.
- AI needs have been tweaked to make mature bases more manageable.
- OCD placement mode (ctrl) no longer offsets everything randomly by 1 degree. ;)
There are a few features that had to be missed for the milestone such as loading direct from the menu and on-map meteor strikes - due to me taking a few days off with the flu. I'll drop these into the game in a week or so when they are tested.
Thanks for all the feedback on 0.44!