Detonate explosives, study meteorites, harvest geothermal power and more: The Demolition Update is available now!
Do your outside areas need clearing? Use the new mining explosives to clear your path of dead animals, landers, equipment and people. The explosives can also be used to trigger controlled cave ins.
Meteorites! Now your colonists can gain research from the pieces of debris that find themselves on Maia's surface. You'll find them in craters scattered around outside your base.
Building Materials givee a visual representation of the material your colonists are collecting from dismantling objects. Colonists will also be able to create building material from piles of minerals. In addition to this, colonists can now make ration packs to more easily store food.
The new Geothermal Generator can harvest energy from thermal vents found on Maia, providing power for base systems.
Tables and scanners make an aesthetic appearance in this update, but are not yet functional. These objects will start having interesting uses in future updates!
The way in which Maia generates the world has been tweaked. It is now much less likely that a starting base will be irrecoverably doomed. This is an example of the kind of under-the-hood improvements that the Demolition Update is full of.
These improvements have yielded greater stability, for less crashing and crazy camera antics. Changes to the particle effects system will boost framerates for players on less powerful machines, and improve visuals for others. Configuration file loading is now more resilient to corruption, and less likely to cause problems.
Here's the Demolition Update in tasty convenient list form:
- Meteorite research, for big data rewards.
- Mining Explosives. Clear exterior areas of rock and debris, or use them cause controlled cave ins inside.
- Regaining materials from object disassembly.
- Salvageable debris from object destruction.
- Large stability changes in the codebase. Less crashes and camera resets.
- Several new items, including the ability to make building materials from minerals, and to create your own ration packs.
- Geothermal Generators.
- Changes to world map generation and some cool new procedural base layouts.
- New furniture in some rooms.
- Fixes for resolution issues.
- Pfx changes, for better looking exterior particles and also a performance boost for low end users.
- Lots of fixed infotips on items, that should make there uses more apparent, and provide more flavour.
- Loading of game config files is now done better and with more fallbacks for corrupt files.
- Loading bugs fixed.