Publisert: 27. februar
As a player I am not a fan of MOBA, at all, thus I was expecting something to atract me to MOBA with this game but it didn't. When I entered the game I was shocked how much of it is the same as other mobas and could not stop feeling compelled to compare. Finally finding a match after 35 minutes of testing characters and browsing the UI, I found it offering nothing really new in a positive way. Even the sys req is over the roof for just a moba that looks this average.
So with a different aproach, I invited a friend over who is a seasoned moba player.
First things he said were:
- Where's the start match button?
- How do I make a game? Oh yeah here it is! So, so, how much do I wait?
Making a 5v5 bot match followed:
- Where do I buy stuff?
- Hmmm, can you combine items?
- The level graphics are ugly, though the creeps are cool, and what's with this map scroll delay?
- Why am I taking DOT? (we found almost at endgame that there were Skalla's traps damaging him)
- Voice acting is really good, nice sound.
- Why is the map so big? (After a while I decided he was really talking about why the character moves so slow)
- There are is an overwhelming amount of items! wth
- Why is the cursor so small? I can't see where I'm clicking.
- Why can't I deny creeps? ( He considers it a vital skill)
As he found the shop he started reading about the items, and started to like it more and more and I agreed with him, the shop is very well made. The hud was really well made with the mana counter and simbols with big buttons, seeing clearly stuff but then again the turn on/off skills was extremely confusing, the limited field of view was anoying, we never saw when we leveled up and kept lagging in leveling up skills even after 2 levels. He couldn't stop comparing either but trusting him as a seasoned player I had to agree. Sins takes what's best of LoL and DOTA and tries to do it the same way but fails at counterplay. Though I suck at the game, my friend sucked the same even being the seasoned player he is, I felt like the bottom line is, the game is damn punishing! So much pain for no gain. Not even if you succed at killing another player.
Why would someone pay for this game when there are free and better alternatives next to this unpromissing game?