We launched TowerFall Ascension on Mac and Linux today! We also added 5 new variants, most based on player suggestions.
Plus Fangamer released official TowerFall shirts[www.fangamer.net]
The new Variants:Speed Boots
- Run 40% faster! Works great with Encumbrance as wellRegenerating Arrows
- If you're out of arrows, wait 1.5 seconds and you'll magically gain oneAnti-Gravity Arrows
- Arrows never fall, and always seekSmall Quivers
- Reduces your max arrow count to 3Infinite Drills
- Drill arrows will drill through every surface they hit, forever
Now we're up to 75 variants :D As always your feedback has been super helpful - have fun!
-MattThe full changelog:New Stuff:
- Mac and Linux support! Thanks to Ethan Lee
- Added five new variants: Regenerating Arrows, Infinite Drills, Anti-Gravity Arrows, Small Quivers, Speed Boots
- On Windows, switched the game to SDL2 and MonoGame (thanks to Ethan Lee). This should lower the system requirements, improve gamepad support, and help with porting. You can still play the XNA version by switching to the 'xna' game branch
- Fixed the new variant '!' on the variants menu not drawing with the correct transparency