Posted: March 25
Wow... I don't know what to say... I made it to chapter 2 and then had to Alt+F4 it to end this misery.
I bought this game because people said it would be funny and cleverly written and just an all over nice Adventure Game. Now, after forcing myself through about 2 hours of this game, I sit here and can't believe I wasted a money on something that is rated positive.
I don't even know where to start.
Let's begin with the positives
+ Nice graphics with a vector style look
+ Good voice actors were used in the making of this thing. The game sounds quite great.
That's it. I can not say anything else positive. It may find a few moments as the game continues, but I can not see myself sitting there getting more and more annoyed.
Now, what are my issues with this:
- First and foremost the Game is still buggy. It came out in September 2013 and it still has problems. The first time I played it, I was stuck the same moment I entered the game. So I had to uninstall and re-install the game to get it to work. Once I got to chapter two, the game was stuck in loading screen and I had to restart it again.
- Funny? People keep saying the game is funny. How is this game funny? I can't decide what's worse. The flat jokes or the incredible boring dialogues as well as sexist jokes along the way which are probably funny if you are 12 years old. Pseudo-funny sidecharacters make it even more unbearable.
- The dialogues are not only not funny but also unnecessarily long and unimportant as well as non informative.
- The main character is so annoyingly stupid that it makes me want to beat him.
- Granted I did not see many puzzles and the ones I saw were okay. I guess some of them can be quite tricky, but it's not all too bad if you are used to adventure and puzzle games.
- Random non-fitting noises. I don't know how it is in the rest of the game, but in the first chapter I was already bugged out by asking myself... WHY is there a continous "page turning" sound in the middle of the street where nobody reads a book or does something with books and WYH is there a register checkout sound near the jail?!
- The story seems to be incredible weak. It has no tension, nothing exciting and even when it is supposed to have a adventorous turn, it ends in a boring loading screen which is so annoyingly long, that I ended up watching a video while waiting. The script of this Game is just as boring as the jokes...
I watched one of the most popular German Streamers play this game and even then I could not find the humor in it. Where he was laughing, I was continously facepalming myself and forwarding because even watching it was unbearable.
I think if you are around an age class (real age or mental age) of 8-15 you might find this game funny.