It has been a while coming, but we've we're happy to be adding the fourth boss to our game, Venom, along with our eighth and final playable character, Peanut.
As per our usual pattern, Venom is unfinished - he lacks final art, dialogue and effects, and while we have prioritised getting his gameplay to a good place, his balance and difficulty are still being assessed, so let us know what you think on the Steam forums! (Venom is currently not part of Boss Rush)
He does however have a totally awesome themesong, so be sure to set the music volume up and play him with headphones!
We also hope you all like Peanut - she has a distinctive playstyle that might take a little getting used to, but we're looking forwards to seeing what the community makes of her!
- New whitebox Zone 4 Boss - Venom
- New playable character - Peanut - she can be unlocked by defeating Venom
- Justice (zone 3 boss) has been tuned slightly easier in his first two phases
- Focus (zone 4 - 3) has been rebalanced to be more challenging
- Added a new command line argument, "-safe". This will force AAC to start in 640x480 windowed resolution and can be used to recover in case the game gets stuck in an unsupported resolution. This is a workaround until we can better detect/prevent this case!
- Fixed glitch with Aubergine's singularity that was reducing it's intended impact damage
- Fixed Coral's plasma field lightning effect
- Fixed Starch's micromissile homing algorithm that was very occasionally causing missiles to pick inappropriate targets
- Updated XInput drivers
- Many many fixes and improvements under the hood
- When starting the game with "-popupwindow" in order to play in full screen windowed mode (in Windows) you will not be able to set the game to fullscreen mode, but the options menu does not reflect this
- Native Dual Shock 3 support in OSX is busted. It is possible to work around it using a control remapper that makes the DS3 to emulate an xbox pad or similar, and we are working on a proper fix
- Shadows are missing on certain integrated videocards under Linux
- Native Steam Controller support still coming soon
- Aubergine's singularity effect looks different on Linux. Functionality is fine, it's just distorting the screen in the wrong direction. Been tricky to figure out...