Indsendt: 6. juli
Decent platformer/runner game, but only for true fans of the genre with not an ear for music.
- riot against system;
- pushing button in right moment.
Why you should play this;
- you not only liked BIT.TRIP RUNNER, but also considered it as an easy game;
- feeling graphic style;
- development approach: passing through levels you earn points to obtain new parkour tricks;
- an opportunity to play not only as runner, but as a chaser too;
- level-design with various game zones and complex, truly differemt levels.
Why you may not like it:
If you a rookie in this genre, go through 1st zone (basic and bonus levels), delete and forget the game then: in this case, perhaps, your impressions will stay positive. Otherwise... well, you have been warned.
- looks like sountrack contains only 1 (ONE!!!) the same melody for all levels (60 for each game mode) - taking into account certain amount of failures that's worse than a torture;
- no checkpoints - that causes a critical problems:
- broken balance: if you want to collect all bonuses and perform all the tricks game is painful because mistake means start level again;
- if you try to choose some middle ground in tricks and bonuses, game is easy;
- complex levels (starting from second zone) demand to locate a right route - that, unfortunately, possible only through some amount failures - so, failures from wrong choice, failures from attempts to collect all bonuses and perform all tricks, necessity to push the button in right microsecond and inevitability to start level again if you make a mistake - all that hardly a positive gaming expirience.
- the idea with obtaing tricks for points is meaningless because these tricks only for your eyes - they make your run more spectacular, but don't help to pass through level faster, don't secure you from mistake, they completely useless in other words;
- tricks can be performed only in special places of the level: so, instead of helping you they become another source of tension.