Vector
Vector > General Discussions > Topic Details
Hunter Mode. Downtown 1-8.
OK, now I'm really stuck there in the beginning. The first double jump performed by the runner. As much as I tried (even calculating timings by pixel positioning) - the moments I was able to repeat it were completely random. Not counting it's like 1 out of 40 chance of success. And without that jump it seems to be impossible to finish the level. Did anyone else have problems with that?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
O Trovador Jun 29, 2014 @ 6:41pm 
Nope. I started to play it today and I am just finished the Downtown. I just didn't try to get 3 stars on all levels because I got hungry...
Last edited by O Trovador; Jun 30, 2014 @ 9:33am
Deniel Lountree Jun 30, 2014 @ 2:35am 
Originally posted by O Trovador:
Nope. I started to play it today and I am just finished the Downtown. I just didn't try to get 3 stars on all because I got hungry...
Well, 2 stars I have. I mean, were you able to do the first jump same as the runner?
Mamándil Jun 30, 2014 @ 6:12am 
It really is a pain in the♥♥♥♥♥ but not impossible. Not sure if a video would help, but here is the begining : http://puu.sh/9QEis.webm

Just memorize the rest of the level then just keep trying the begining until you get the hang of it. Took me something like 20+ tries.
2 Dope Jun 30, 2014 @ 7:53am 
I'm in the same boat, that first 'double jump' .... I can never seem to make the same jump the runner does ... I've jumped at the same spot every time, and seems very random as to when you get that extra height.
O Trovador Jun 30, 2014 @ 9:33am 
That jump is difficult, for sure I couldn't do that as exactly as the runner... However I didn't needed to that jump perfectly to get 3 stars on that level.
Deniel Lountree Jul 1, 2014 @ 12:19am 
Originally posted by Mamándil:
It really is a pain in the♥♥♥♥♥ but not impossible. Not sure if a video would help, but here is the begining : http://puu.sh/9QEis.webm

Just memorize the rest of the level then just keep trying the begining until you get the hang of it. Took me something like 20+ tries.
Well, at least now I will know I just have to try. =) One last question - do you press the jump button immediately on landing or wait a little?
Deniel Lountree Jul 1, 2014 @ 12:41am 
Originally posted by O Trovador:
That jump is difficult, for sure I couldn't do that as exactly as the runner... However I didn't needed to that jump perfectly to get 3 stars on that level.
Then I must question your other jumps/pickups (maybe the place with the barrel climb, I don't know what else) - I wasn't able to finish the level without the jump on multiple attempts.
Jepp Jul 1, 2014 @ 12:52am 
I had trouble with this jump too. The problem I had was I was trying to jump again as soon as I landed.
You have to jump after you land, but before you stand all the way up. After realising this, my chances of doing the jump increased loads.
Last edited by Jepp; Jul 1, 2014 @ 12:52am
Deniel Lountree Jul 1, 2014 @ 1:02am 
Originally posted by Jepp:
I had trouble with this jump too. The problem I had was I was trying to jump again as soon as I landed.
You have to jump after you land, but before you stand all the way up. After realising this, my chances of doing the jump increased loads.
Can you please confirm the hands positioning for the moment? =)

EDIT: Figured it out myself - and I already did this jump 2 times! Now I just need to get less excited and finish this. =)

EDIT2: And I did it! Thanks a lot for the tip, Jepp!
For the record - was still unable to get 3 stars without the jump, contrary to what Trovador said.
Last edited by Deniel Lountree; Jul 1, 2014 @ 1:09am
Jepp Jul 1, 2014 @ 1:11am 
Glad it worked out! Happy vectorin' ;D
O Trovador Jul 1, 2014 @ 9:54am 
Originally posted by Deniel Lountree:
Originally posted by O Trovador:
That jump is difficult, for sure I couldn't do that as exactly as the runner... However I didn't needed to that jump perfectly to get 3 stars on that level.
Then I must question your other jumps/pickups (maybe the place with the barrel climb, I don't know what else) - I wasn't able to finish the level without the jump on multiple attempts.

Well... My second jump I also didn't do as good as the runner, however I tried to jump in a timing that I didn't lost much time. The other jumps I was as good as the runner, or even better - choosing some ways to recover back the time lost in the first jump. In another level (I don't remember what level, I even catch the runner before everything else.)
O Trovador Jul 1, 2014 @ 9:56am 
Originally posted by Deniel Lountree:
EDIT: Figured it out myself - and I already did this jump 2 times! Now I just need to get less excited and finish this. =)

EDIT2: And I did it! Thanks a lot for the tip, Jepp!
For the record - was still unable to get 3 stars without the jump, contrary to what Trovador said.
Now I wanna try to that jump perfect... -.-'
Sir Onyx Jul 7, 2014 @ 4:23pm 
aww, i had to struggle and get 3 stars without that jump, was hell.
Last edited by Sir Onyx; Jul 7, 2014 @ 4:23pm
aw14saurabh Sep 18, 2014 @ 7:01am 
I got it. As shown in the video by Mam`andil look at the leg when he jumps:at the very edge take care of that and then when he lands the jump wait till his legs are sort of like the sprinters' legs are at the starting point and then jump. This way i got 1 in 5 chances of hitting it right
Last edited by aw14saurabh; Sep 18, 2014 @ 7:02am
beleester Dec 23, 2014 @ 10:04pm 
The secret for me was to get the *first* jump right. If you can jump on the very edge of the first platform, you'll make your "superjump" from the very edge of the next platform, which is what you need. To make the superjump, you just need to jump a little bit later than normal, when you're almost done standing back up.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Vector > General Discussions > Topic Details