Hey there Door Kickers,
As you know, there was a big Winter update planned for this December. Don't worry, it's still coming!
Since there is a lot of new content, we decided to split it in two updates in order to gain more time to deliver high quality stuff.
So here's Part 1 of the Winter Update:Features:
- Can now paint floors in the editor + several other editor improvements.
- Added shortcut for stealth Fire button (F).
- New mod: Winter Games (example for implementing weapons with projectiles and custom map music).
- Improved loading speed.Fixes:
- One single-mission map was missing on Linux and Mac.
- Broken Mac OSX scroll for magic mouse and trackpad.
- Re-added Right-Click keyboard shortcut useful for trackpads (now C, instead of Shift).
- Pointmen not being able to switch weapon from tazer to pistol.
- Incorrect reload time stats for cyclic reload weapons (shotguns, revolvers).
- Sniper hud disappearing from multi-storey maps.
- Showing campaign success screen even when losing all missions.
- Crash related to mods and picking locks.
- Crash when enabling and disabling certain mods.
- Enemies not shooting back after recovering from a tazer shock.
- Pre-planning more than 1 breaching charge not working.
- A bug with failing final campaign map, restarting it and still finishing campaign.
- Sometimes campaign would not finish even when all troopers were dead.
- Hostages not always following you when changing floors.
- Trooper switching to primary weapon after detonating a door while pistol was equipped.Modding:
- Weapons can now shoot with projectiles, check out the two examples in equipment_patch_4.xml (Grenade Launcher and Bow) and the "Winter Games" mod.
- Can now set custom music for a map. Check the "Winter Games" mod for an example.
- Added "ejectShells" option for firearms (revolvers no longer eject shells).Coming up in Part2:
- new campaign (longest yet)
- new single missions
- new weapons
- new scenario type
- new enemies
In the meantime, let's see those maps made with the new editor, we feel a contest coming up!