2. Crashes at startup and you have a Laptop with a dedicated video card Make sure the game starts on the NVidia or AMD GPU instead of the integrated GPU (usually Intel). You can do that from the NVidia Control Panel or from the Catalyst control panel. For AMD, you can also try right-clicking on the game’s executable and choose “Run using Radeon HD...”.
3. Strange game behavior: Verify Steam cache / reinstall the game If you see enemies going through walls, missing textures or other game bugs that couldn't have happened with such skilled people working on the game, verify the game's Steam cache files. Read this on how to do it: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
4. You changed the resolution to one that is larger than your screen and now you can't select Options again You need to delete this file and run the game again: Windows: Documents/KillHouseGames/DoorKickers/options.xml MacOS: ~/Library/Application\ Support/DoorKickers/options.xml Linux: /home/username/.local/share/DoorKickers/options.xml
5. Game freezes, lag, sound glitches Go to where the game is installed and rename OpenAL32.dll to OpenAL32.old. Now rename OpenAL32_haccel.dll to OpenAL32.dll
6. Progress is not saved Solution1: Controlled Folder Access from Windows 10 could be blocking access to the Documents folder. Go to Defender Security Center -> Virus & Thread Protection -> Settings -> Controlled Folder Access. If it's turned on, add an exception for DoorKickers.exe.
Solution2: Make sure Bitdefender (or another AV) is not blocking write access to the Documents folder.
Solution3: Do you have a Windows username with special characters (Unicode)? If so, there is currently a bug in our game that makes saving impossible with Unicode usernames. For the moment, the only solution is to change your username.
7. If your problem still persists, send an email at devteam (at) inthekillhouse(dot)com with the file Documents\KillHouseGames\DoorKickers\log.txt and any crashdump.zip files you can find there. If MacOS: ~/Library/Application\ Support/DoorKickers/log.txt If Linux: /home/username/.local/share/DoorKickers/log.txt