Door Kickers is out now!http://youtu.be/swp9d9tqg7M
It’s been one year since we’ve entered Early Access on Steam, one and a half since we began crowdfunding. One and a half years of constant updates, great feedback from the players and two-way communication with you guys.
And we’ve taken the process to completion - Door Kickers moves on from Early Access.
For those that actually play each version, what’s new? The Campaign is IN. You have 3 campaigns now, with more to come! We’ve also changed the way Single Missions count now - troopers deaths are no longer saved in those. Think of Single Missions as your proving ground, where you try to beat your own performance, and campaigns as your real job - do the objectives and keep the troopers alive. Can you handle that? Maybe also in Iron Man Mode?
Another new and long in-coming feature are multi-layer maps. You can go up and down, exploring some new and old locations in a new way.
There’s also a new scenario type - Dope Raid - which tasks you not only with securing the suspects, but also capturing evidence before it gets trashed. And it will get trashed, unless you move swift and to the point.
And no, you cannot shoot everyone.
One last thing… this vesion will reset all your stats and mission completion. So why are you still reading this, get back to 3-staring everything!
What else is New or Changed since last version of Door Kickers:
- Random killhouse generator + over 90 new random house layouts.
- Over 50 new maps (in campaign, single and random combined).
- New door types: grating doors / padlocked doors.
- New item: Bolt Cutter. Useful for cutting down padlocks.
- New item: Breaching Kit
- Silenced handguns. You asked for them, you got them.
- Can copy/paste/default equipment for each class.
- Improved loading time.
- Enemies start with their weapons lowered, until alerted.
- New music.
- Loading screens with tips&tricks. Can be disabled in options menu.
- Improved path-editing when multiple paths are over-imposed: press SHIFT for locking on a single path.
- Added stretch-to-fit video option (for monitors that are not 16:9).
- Separate volume option for for ambient sounds.
- Improved weapon/trooper stats to better account for their performances.
- Added "reset progress" option.
- Countless other small changes, tweaks and overall improvements.
- Fixed items showing up randomly on random maps. Really.
- Fixed uppercase letters not working on OSX.
- Fixed wall shadows showing up in editor.
- Global statistics are no longer incremented when watching replays.
- Fixed stars not adding after finishing new maps.
- A bug where troopers could go through doors without opening them.
- Right-click menus outside of screen bounds.
- Tazer sometimes not shooting.
- Sniper now kills all enemy types with one shot.
- Sometimes exporting replays to video without sound.
- Ambient sounds playing at full volume no matter of you location in the map.
- Troopers stuck with playing the "use hidden camera" animation all the time.
- Grenade trajectory looking OK but grenade hitting wall.
- Sounds sometimes getting cut while in a very busy scene.
- Removed single plan / single trooper challenges from maps where it couldn't be done.
- Breaching/opening doors when behind walls.
Modding / Structure changes:
- FOV can be modified per weapon/item.
- Challenges are now configurable for each map.
- Can publish new maps to Steam Workshop directly from the editor.
- Equipment.xml is now split into 4 different xmls (items, pistols, rifles, shotguns).
- Can now update mods if you have more than 50 published mods (special dedication to RedPanda for giving us extra work to do).
- Can now modify/add new portraits (data/config/user_list.xml can be modified/added to by using filesystem_mount.xml).
Your DevTeam @ KillHouse Games