Some players sometimes have troubles to connect to the game server or other services that are necessary to play. If you are one of them, please do the following:
- make sure the game is not under maintenenace. It would be posted in this forum if we are.
- make sure steam is not in 'Offline Mode' (In the Menu point steam at the top left of the steam client, you need to see 'Go Offline' which means you are Online)
- restart the game and try again
- deactivate your virus scanner and firewall and try again (remember to activate it again as soon you tried that. If that fixed the issue, you need to adjust the settings of virus scanner and/or firewall or ask your admin to do that)
The popular unity engine we are using reportedly has issues with avast and eset virus scanners.
- make sure you have a stable broadband connection to the internet. (fluctuations are causing troubles - we are working on a better reconnection feature, but that is not ready yet)
- check if something else is preventing the connection with: http://content.cliffhanger-productions.com/ServiceAvailabilityChecker/ServiceAvailabilityChecker.html
(Unity web player plugin required, which is currently not working perfectly with all browsers. try firefox)
If one of the checks fails, please contact support with the displayed error message, your location, and your Internet Service Provider + connection speed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- if all services show success and you still cant play, please try again about half an hour later.
Restart you PC before trying again then.
If this doesn´t help, please contact support: email@example.com
and include the following informations:
- your location, and your Internet Service Provider + connection speed
- the game log: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Aerena\game_Data named: output_log.txt
- your system specs: Operating system, processor, memory and graphics card
Additional infos that would be helpful:
If you have access to another machine, please try to play with this. Tell us if that also doesn´t work. If you have an Android 4+ device, have a look if you find Aerena Alpha in the play store (only available in selected countries yet) and try to connect with the same interent connection you are using on your PC. Include info about the outcome.
If you have access to a different internet connection (mobile hotspot or friendly wireless) try form there. Thanks!!
I will update this if we have additional infos/suggestions. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause!