Posté le : 20 novembre
I started out thinking "Well, I'll just relax with this restaurant managment game" and before I realized what was going on i was dating some short woman with a potato fetish and had become a media darling due to my participation in a series of televised cooking competition while some guy tried to sell me his slightly used latex gloves.
No but really. This game is a really good one, well worth the money and kept me entertained for hours upon hours.
- A nice balance between stressful and skill based (the skill you will learny quickly, everything will run much smoother once you've become familiar enough with the dishes to know which button to press for which ingredient and so on.
- Charming graphics and animations.
- A certain sense of accomplishment is always allowed but not forced upon the player, hence players who prefer calmer playthrough can choose to not drown themselves in repetable tasks that really don't get you that much in the game anyhow while players who need encouragement to sustain their interest can work towards the daily challenges available to you.
- A nice increasing curve of challenge which allows the player ot become accostumed to the frantic stress of their expanded restaurant before there's a new upgrade.
- You get to build your own restaurant freely and the menu of the restaurant freely as there are so many dishes available and you have to purchase most of them to make them available to you, then upgrade them.
- A certain feeling of the game being realistic as a result of the mechanism around buzz and daily popularity.
- The sounds of the game become really annoying over time, the mumbling of the customers in particular.
- The buttons stuck a few times for me when i tabbed out or opened the steam overlay and I had to reboot the game.
- Although I quite enjoyed the fact that you were forced to get accustomed to each star to your restaurant and the customers that come with in the beginning, 20 days seemed excessive at the end as I was mostly just wanting to finish the game when I'd finished all extra material and has 15 days left for my restaurant to gain its last star. At that point i just forced myself through the gameplay, which is never a good thing.
A good game indeed. Well worth the purchase.
For people who may be thinking of getting this game: don't rush doing your challenges, you have lots of time. And keep dedicated to your dating life in the game, your partners will all break up with your eventually (my heart is at this point as dark and bitter as my soul) but they will give you nice prizes upon doing so.