DFdaniel  [developer] Oct 15, 2013 @ 11:07am
Best practices for reporting issues!
Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Spacebase Alpha release! This is a really new experience for us and we are really excited to share the development process with you and to get your feedback.

In order to streamline feedback and bugs we would like to ask for your help in adhering to the following:

When reporting an issue:

- It would be best if you are reporting bugs to post in our official forum here: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewforum/57/
This will allow us to keep track of everything much more efficiently.

- If you don’t think that your bug has been reported please create a new thread. Doing this will provide a nice clean platform for us to respond and track the issue.

- When making a new thread to report your bug start the thread title with [Bug]

- Don’t report your new bug in a thread that was created for a different bug. This will most likely result in your bug getting lost in the shuffle.

Hopefully, if we all adhere to these guidelines we will be able to streamline and respond to everyone's thoughts and issues quickly and efficiently.

Thank you!
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
< >
Branthog Oct 15, 2013 @ 11:37am 
I'm not filing a bug in your official forum for this, because I think it has to do with your Steam setup; not your actual game. Hope that's acceptable:

When selecting the game+soundtrack, you get this error at the payment screen:

"Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Spacebase DF-9 + Soundtrack' which requires ownership of 'Uninitialized'. Please correct the error and try again."

Regards.
DFdaniel  [developer] Oct 15, 2013 @ 11:48am 
Originally posted by Branthog:
I'm not filing a bug in your official forum for this, because I think it has to do with your Steam setup; not your actual game. Hope that's acceptable:

When selecting the game+soundtrack, you get this error at the payment screen:

"Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Spacebase DF-9 + Soundtrack' which requires ownership of 'Uninitialized'. Please correct the error and try again."

Regards.

I responded to your other post in the other thread about this. Looking into it now.
Talint Oct 15, 2013 @ 12:49pm 
sorry for using your topic in wrong way ;D not for bug reports, but for questions for dev-team

1. What is state of the game? deep alpha or late beta, or all features are finished and now just polishing and balancing?
2. do you guys heard about Space Colony? ;)
3. do you have post-launch plans for adding another language packs?
4. Does game has plot\scenarios or just pure sandbox?
5. Good luck and best wishes
nulian Oct 15, 2013 @ 3:26pm 
Watch this it shows how much is in the game at the moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZX6PXN1G_E&feature=player_embedded
Poke of deatH Oct 15, 2013 @ 6:12pm 
Thanks for posting this video. I'm totally sold on the game now, it even looks fairly playable for an alpha, too.
749a3 Oct 15, 2013 @ 9:25pm 
The only thing I hate is that I built and air lock and filter and it has oxygen. BUT NOONE will go inside even before they are about to die. Is this just a bug or is there something that I can do for this?
Algaroth Oct 16, 2013 @ 6:52am 
Make sure the rooms aren't locked. But I do agree that crewmembers should return to base for oxygen sooner because a lot of mine just die outside or sometimes even in the airlock because they are out of oxygen. It ends up being the most macabre welcome mat ever because corpses don't seem to disappear. Maybe they could make it so you could harvest them for materia.
kirths Oct 16, 2013 @ 7:22am 
Hey I think you should make a sticky with this link:
http://www.spacebasedf9.com/devplans
seventh_pawn Oct 16, 2013 @ 3:52pm 
Originally posted by DFdaniel:
When reporting an issue:

- It would be best if you are reporting bugs to post in our official forum here: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewforum/57/
This will allow us to keep track of everything much more efficiently.

Would be awesome if one could post on the forums. Don't know if there is a minimum time you need to be registered, if you need to be given access rights by the moderator, or if it was taken down temporarily due to some problem, but the problem I am having is rather impressive and can only be posted here because the forums wont let me tell you about it. Hope that you fix things.
sado Oct 16, 2013 @ 4:08pm 
Originally posted by seventh_pawn:
Would be awesome if one could post on the forums. Don't know if there is a minimum time you need to be registered, if you need to be given access rights by the moderator, or if it was taken down temporarily due to some problem, but the problem I am having is rather impressive and can only be posted here because the forums wont let me tell you about it. Hope that you fix things.

Having the same problem. Pulled together a couple bugs that I'd love to report but unable to because of the anti-spam approval queue for accounts.

Here's a YouTube playlist of the bugs I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjsdbFec0EM&feature=share&list=PLzN2s_NDAmOGsJusjC7MIF3k7DS-VByC8
Praxis Oct 17, 2013 @ 5:39pm 
How long is the waiting period to post to the 'official bug forums'?
WE DON'T OWN OUR GAMES Oct 17, 2013 @ 11:14pm 
it says 24 hours, but its taken longer for me, so I'll pass and just post all bugs on these forums. I mean why bother with a steam release if you dont want us to use these forums. Just sticky a "Bug Report" thread. Thats more effecient.
sado Oct 17, 2013 @ 11:36pm 
Originally posted by Jason Statham:
it says 24 hours, but its taken longer for me, so I'll pass and just post all bugs on these forums. I mean why bother with a steam release if you dont want us to use these forums. Just sticky a "Bug Report" thread. Thats more effecient.

It has been nearly four days for me.
WE DON'T OWN OUR GAMES Oct 17, 2013 @ 11:46pm 
Originally posted by sado:
Originally posted by Jason Statham:
it says 24 hours, but its taken longer for me, so I'll pass and just post all bugs on these forums. I mean why bother with a steam release if you dont want us to use these forums. Just sticky a "Bug Report" thread. Thats more effecient.

It has been nearly four days for me.

^
Sterling Archer Oct 18, 2013 @ 6:20am 
One problem I find, is that when I am panning the camera around with WASD, sometimes a docking thing will come up, but because I am holding down the camera pan, the docking is automatically answered with whatever ive holding, and has lead to my base being boarded. I think a change in quick key for responding to those, probably should be different from the camera pan keys...also I think this game needs Janitors.
Showing 1-15 of 50 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50