What is MODO Steam Edition?
MODO Steam Edition is a simplified version of MODO with a reduced feature set that includes modeling, UVs, texture baking, materials, painting and an easy to use direct export straight into DOTA 2.
Dynamics, animation, rendering, layout, python scripting, 3rd party plugins and kits are not supported.
Purposely built for the STEAM community, MODO Steam delivers a complete content creation solution for the Source engine games.
MODO Steam Edition contains a reduced feature set than full MODO:
- modeling, scuplting, UV editing, texture baking, materials and painting
- custom lxo-like file format (.blx), MODO 701 now has the ability to load these unrestricted .blx files
- MODO native .lxo files can be loaded in MODO Steam
- Direct export to Dota2 and the Steam Cloud
- export to FBX & OBJ (7k poly limit)
- import OBJ, 3ds, FBX, lwo2, lwob, geo (all unrestricted in poly count)
Items from the system menus that were removed:
- Dynamics menu
- Animation menu
- Render menu, rendering for the purposes of texture creation are under a Bake menu
- Layout menu
- Command eval options in the system menu.
- Python script options in the system menu (prevent running of python scripts).
- Plugin management from the system menu.
- Kit management options from the system menu.
- Check for updates is removed, this is managed via steam.
Other items that were removed:
- No command history panel
- No form editor
- No Render panel and hotkeys.
- No layout panel and hotkeys.
- No Setup panel and hotkeys.
- No Animation panel and hotkeys.
- Updated preferences panel, to bring in line with new functionality.
- Trimmed list of presets
For all intents and purposes of creating game models and texturing them MODO Steam Edition contains the same or similar functionality as full MODO proper.
MODO Steam Edition is restricted to personal, recreational and non-commercial use, except only for uses of the Software to create assets and content for sale through Valve’s Steam Workshop.