Maya LT 2016 adds some features that significantly improve workflows for modeling, UV creation, animating, and more.
- High-level sculpting tools directly in Maya LT
- Physically-based ShaderFX nodes
- Improved Modeling tools and UV tools
- New animation tools (SplineIK and cluster deformation)
- Updated Game Exporter tool (easier to export multiple animations)
- Viewport improvements (eg: background texture loading)
- Major UI overhaul, which also lets the UI adjust to high-res displays
- User-submitted feature requests:
If you want to see the full list that includes all the bug fixes, check out the forums.