The next playable area is almost ready, but in the meantime, we have some new features, tweaks, and fixes.
The big news for this update is a color slider for those who requested it. Note that the original look is completely unchanged, so this is a purely optional alternative. The finished game will allow you to restore the default values, but for the time being you can find them listed in the pinned Contrast Settings topic on the Steam community forums.
Please see the changelist for a complete summary of tweaks, fixes, and optimizations, but beware that it may contain some minor spoilers! And as always, let us know what you think!
- Added a color slider. Accessible from the Main Menu or in the Pause Menu while in-game.
- You now move at aim speed with the bow drawn, making you more vulnerable to enemy fire while lining up a shot.
- Melee stealth kills should be working again.
- Opened chests will no longer glimmer.
- Toned down the cicada sounds.
- Re-added the missing dialogue that discloses William Eastgrove's name. Oops.
- Characters will now always say something to you even if you've exhausted all topics.
- Added a reminder to Listen if you haven't done so at least twice in 80 seconds. It will also be displayed the first time you enter the otherworld after gaining the Listen ability and displays if you continue from a saved game in which you hadn’t listened at least twice.
- Adjusted shortbow arrow speed and gravity.
- Reduced the damage of the ghost enemies’ ranged attack.
- Examining a health barrel will now drink from it so that you don’t have to activate it a second time.
- You now collect the arrows from the sentry towers in Fort Henry when examining them.
- Fixed issue with not being able to buy arrows.
- Added a custom file to prevent user settings from getting wiped between builds.
- Additional navmesh cleanup to try to fix some problem areas southwest of Fort Henry.
- Fixed a potential progression blocker if you quit too soon after examining a crime scene.
- Fixed an issue with enemies not always appearing in correct numbers after you die and respawn.
- Fixed ammo refill exploit in Coastal Path.
- Fixed issue with wind not gusting in Coastal Path.
- Fixed issue with birds singing cheerfully in the otherworld.
- Fixed some collision issues and inconsistencies with crates, barrels, and chests on the beach.
- Turned off ambient occlusion by default to reduce flickering and artifacts.
- Made the light gray rocks less bright and swapped out some rock materials in the FortHenry region.
- Dirtied up the rocky pebbles texture to blend into the underlying landscape texture better.
- Added new custom “store” asset.
- Smoothed out some layer blending and bumpiness around structures in the Fort Henry area.
- Adjusted the exit gate to not be so dark.
- Addressed some issues with ferns not casting shadows.
- Slightly scaled down foliage directly beside the path in Coastal Path to keep the player from feeling too small.
- Removed a small rock that was completely in shadow.
- Removed a couple of cliff rocks along the coast that weren't useful/visible anymore.
- Set the crates on the beach to cast shadows.
- Added switch to disable color variation for leaves when it's not used as well as a low quality switch when it is used.
- Added switches to disable ~100 vert instructions of branch motion that's not needed on tree far LODs.
- Updated landscape to support low quality materials.