Posted: June 27
I have played over 80 hours of this game so I feel I can give a honest review of the game.
First off, I really did enjoy playing Banished however the game breaking bugs have made it so I can't get into the game anymore. It's hard to feel the motivation to putting in the time to have a sizable population that is self sufficient and attractive just for the game to trigger a random bug and crash. However, up until that point I enjoy myself a lot!
- simple yet attractive graphics
- difficulty options (difficulty scales well)
- calming music
- large modding community
- town building tools are easy to understand
- randomly generated citizen/town names that are bound to make you laugh
- initial learning curve is very steep (your first few towns will probably die)
- without mods your towns can look bland
- citizen AI isn't very smart (some citizens will just die of starvation right in-front of a barn)
- some items aren't scaled well (Not enough leather too much herb)
- various known game breaking bugs/glitches
Over all it's a good game but the glitches can really ruin the experience.
If they make a second game I'll be sure to buy it.