Sir Rohios the Mad Nov 3, 2013 @ 6:56pm
Great game, bad bugs
Although this is a very great game overall and has a great sense of survival and such, its alpha stage makes it near impossible to play as many bugs give my position away or cause robots to attack even though I'm out of sight. I really look forward to it's completion, so that I may play it without the burden of unfair game changing bugs and things like that.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Leb - #AlMawtu 3ala Israel Nov 3, 2013 @ 9:24pm 
bad bugs come with an alpha, they are being stomped out :)

personally i haven't noticed issued with the robots spotting unfairly but i haven't played too much either
Sir Rohios the Mad Nov 4, 2013 @ 7:37am 
Originally posted by Leb:
bad bugs come with an alpha, they are being stomped out :)

personally i haven't noticed issued with the robots spotting unfairly but i haven't played too much either
I know they are, that's why I'm waiting for either further updates or game completion. And if you play long enough there will be moments where robots spot you unfairly in its current state. I wouldn't be posting this if they didn't.
queoriginal Nov 4, 2013 @ 4:58pm 
There are robots which are more difficult to avoid than others and it's not a bug(well, maybe sometimes LoL).

Devs told in one of their videos that, each time you kill a robot, the game respawns randomly another robot more or less aggressive.
Sir Rohios the Mad Nov 4, 2013 @ 5:15pm 
Originally posted by queoriginal:
There are robots which are more difficult to avoid than others and it's not a bug(well, maybe sometimes LoL).

Devs told in one of their videos that, each time you kill a robot, the game respawns randomly another robot more or less aggressive.
Not quite what I meant, since I was well behind some buildings as well as crouching and in no way possible in the line of sight of any robot, and yet the robots behind the building suddenly beeped and started shooting at nothing until I peeked around the corner and they snapped towards me. That's why I see it as a bug.
[ID] Zahkriin Nov 5, 2013 @ 5:48am 
i just have the problem that they see me in a forest and i see nothing juast hear... bang-bang-bang... nad i'm down x.x
PooPMaster (Setä-Samueli) Nov 5, 2013 @ 6:31am 
Originally posted by The White Death:
Although this is a very great game overall and has a great sense of survival and such, its alpha stage makes it near impossible to play as many bugs give my position away or cause robots to attack even though I'm out of sight. I really look forward to it's completion, so that I may play it without the burden of unfair game changing bugs and things like that.
You really don't know anything about the robots or the things in this game. First, there are many robots in this game. Each one is different, others can see you more better than others. Second, there are robots called ''rivals''. They're pretty common and what they do, is, that they shoot everything, they see (allies and buildings included).
queoriginal Nov 5, 2013 @ 5:39pm 
Originally posted by The White Death:
Not quite what I meant, since I was well behind some buildings as well as crouching and in no way possible in the line of sight of any robot, and yet the robots behind the building suddenly beeped and started shooting at nothing until I peeked around the corner and they snapped towards me. That's why I see it as a bug.

Guess you're right, it's probably a bug.

By the way, Do the developers check on this site often? 'Cause I've never seen one of them answering people's questions...


Originally posted by Jack The Ripper (IS BACK):
Originally posted by The White Death:
there are robots called ''rivals''. They're pretty common and what they do, is, that they shoot everything, they see (allies and buildings included).

Allies and also Buildings?? that's new... hmmm


Groovy Monster Nov 5, 2013 @ 8:34pm 
Originally posted by queoriginal:
By the way, Do the developers check on this site often? 'Cause I've never seen one of them answering people's questions...
I'd certainly assume they'd want to monitor all the comments, problems and feedback here. If not, they absolutely should. Good chance the Steam forums are busier than their own forums at this point.
Phunk  [developer] Nov 5, 2013 @ 11:43pm 
@queoriginal: I've posted on here over 100 times now and I try to catch up every day (despite only actually working on the game a couple days a week). We answer questions, collect details on bugs, and we're taking plenty of feedback into account. We are also very busy on our own forums too (at big-robot.com/forum/). Keep up! ;-)

@TheWhiteDeath: we do have plans to rework some of the stealth mechanics because there are some cases where the bots will see you when they shouldn't. They won't see you through walls or houses, though. It is likely that, when your robots started shooting, they weren't originally shooting at you - they will fight eachother too! But if you stick your head around the corner in the middle of a gunfight, expect to be shot at...
queoriginal Nov 6, 2013 @ 2:35am 
Originally posted by Phunk:
@queoriginal: I've posted on here over 100 times now and I try to catch up every day (despite only actually working on the game a couple days a week). We answer questions, collect details on bugs, and we're taking plenty of feedback into account. We are also very busy on our own forums too (at big-robot.com/forum/). Keep up! ;-).

Aww that whas an easy way to lurke you out Phunk! Love the game! Keep up the good work!! :D
Sir Rohios the Mad Nov 6, 2013 @ 7:52pm 
Originally posted by Phunk:
@queoriginal: I've posted on here over 100 times now and I try to catch up every day (despite only actually working on the game a couple days a week). We answer questions, collect details on bugs, and we're taking plenty of feedback into account. We are also very busy on our own forums too (at big-robot.com/forum/). Keep up! ;-)

@TheWhiteDeath: we do have plans to rework some of the stealth mechanics because there are some cases where the bots will see you when they shouldn't. They won't see you through walls or houses, though. It is likely that, when your robots started shooting, they weren't originally shooting at you - they will fight eachother too! But if you stick your head around the corner in the middle of a gunfight, expect to be shot at...
Well, I didn't know that... That's pretty awesome! And I do recall that they weren't shooting at me until I peeked around the corner to see what's going on, and then everything went to crap afterwards.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 3, 2013 @ 6:56pm
Posts: 11