V119 -10th of December
This update we introduce the new version of our engine with several "under the hood" performance features, in addition we have taken several measures to increase performance mainly on lower-end devices. Next to that we redid the options screen with tons of individual options for the players to tweak.
- Renewed GFX options menu
- Fixed Bash (now more responsive)
- Massive performance increase for forward rendering (non-deffered) (at some points double)
- Fixed active ability unlocking during a match, if you unlock the sector artillery or creeping barrage it will now be available right away.
- Enabled Ukrainian language
- Added tree collision
- When creating a squad you are now able to Set it ready, meaning you will be deployed from the reserves with any amount of players whenever there is a slot available in an active sector or an enemy squad in the reserve has been found to face off in a new sector.
- Added memory optimizations for changing from the Picardie map
Verdun GFX options
(Low - Normal - High - Extra)
- Graphics Quality: Overall quality (sets everything) also regulates overall shadow resolution
- Particle Quality: Accuracy of the particles, to be extended later on to enable ambient smoke
- Texture Quality: Texture compression, High and Extra have full res, low 1/8, normal 1/2)
- Shadow Quality: Number of render steps for shadows
- Shadow Resolution: Set by overall quality
- Shadow Distance: Low = no shadows, Normal = 10 meters, High = 30, Extra = 50
- Animation Quality: Amount of bones that is used in animation, the lower the quality the less smooth the clothing and hands.
- Number of corpses: Low is 1, Extra is 15, anything in between, will be expanded
- Level of Detail Distance: Sets the distance of displaying less detailed models
- Terrain Quality: terrain shape, undergrowth, rocks and terrain texture quality
- Ambient Quality: Sets the amount of ambient effects such as Artillery and Distance machine gun fire.
- Water/Mud Quality: sets the reflection quality of water and mud (to be added later)
- Vsync: Syncs FPS to monitor refresh rate
- Deferred Lighting (Heavy): Uses deferred lighting, which is a different way to render, depending on your hardware you may benefit, but some may have a severe performance impact.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): Enables bloom and tonemapping effect
- Post Effect Colouring: Creates a raw, sharp and desaturated effect
- Depth of Field: Blurs the distance creating a depth effect
- Ambient Occlusion: A heavy option allow for a dynamic creation of "darkened corners" and small shadows, works especially well on undergrowth.
- Anti Aliasing: Currently limited to 2x in forward rendering, and small edge compensation in deferred rendering, to be expanded later.