Verdun
Verdun > General Discussions > Topic Details
Gas
Currently you can run through gas for 4/5 seconds and still have time to put on your mask.

Why not make the gas stronger and have penalties for those who try and run through the gas?

IDEA:
You can be in the gas for 2 seconds and then drop to the ground (prone) so you have to now put ur mask on in the gas. But once you have done that you get a penalty that changes your view.
Your view spins around and your gun jitters a lot and you can zoom in (Shift zoom) Even when you make it through the gas.

Because honestly. Gas is just coloured smoke. Only difference is you have to wear a gas mask and, get out of the gas and you are fine

And also maybe make the gas go right through the trenches?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
grotemio Oct 11 @ 2:18pm 
Did you ever play against mustard? When that one hits, and you are in a rebolting animation which blocks your gasmask from deploying, you WILL die.
Originally posted by Ragnarök:
Did you ever play against mustard? When that one hits, and you are in a rebolting animation which blocks your gasmask from deploying, you WILL die.
Thats just reloading animations. It can be avoidable by not reloading (cuz why do that instead of putting the mask on)
RSW2002 Oct 11 @ 2:51pm 
Originally posted by {BAF.RP}R. Pluke:
Originally posted by Ragnarök:
Did you ever play against mustard? When that one hits, and you are in a rebolting animation which blocks your gasmask from deploying, you WILL die.
Thats just reloading animations. It can be avoidable by not reloading (cuz why do that instead of putting the mask on)

Because the gas started spreading in your trench the instant you started to reload (because you know, SURPRISE!)
Yes gas is coloured smoke which kills you if you're in it and don't put your mask on, but that's still more than just smoke, as you're extremely vulnerable when putting on the mask. This slows people down if they want to go through it, and often even disuades people from going there at all because they flatly can't be arsed to put their mask on. When compared with the other abilities (literally just smoke, arty which kills maybe a handful of people if placed right, and recon), your new gas would be too much imo - as it would completely ♥♥♥♥ everyone in the trench as an attack comes, and everyone who spawns in the gas for it's duration.
Originally posted by Beef Squisher:
Yes gas is coloured smoke which kills you if you're in it and don't put your mask on, but that's still more than just smoke, as you're extremely vulnerable when putting on the mask. This slows people down if they want to go through it, and often even disuades people from going there at all because they flatly can't be arsed to put their mask on. When compared with the other abilities (literally just smoke, arty which kills maybe a handful of people if placed right, and recon), your new gas would be too much imo - as it would completely ♥♥♥♥ everyone in the trench as an attack comes, and everyone who spawns in the gas for it's duration.
Makes sense. Idk i just feel like the gas in this game is so underpowered and never really kills anyone. Out of all my deaths iv only been killed by it once and that was because i spawned on my SL and died in it XD
Originally posted by RSW2002:
Originally posted by {BAF.RP}R. Pluke:
Thats just reloading animations. It can be avoidable by not reloading (cuz why do that instead of putting the mask on)

Because the gas started spreading in your trench the instant you started to reload (because you know, SURPRISE!)
Well...it doesnt really spread so not really a suprise. And you could always cancel reload by using melee ;) But Beef has already given me an explaination so its fine
Bishop Oct 11 @ 3:20pm 
Originally posted by {BAF.RP}R. Pluke:
Makes sense. Idk i just feel like the gas in this game is so underpowered and never really kills anyone. Out of all my deaths iv only been killed by it once and that was because i spawned on my SL and died in it XD
It's not really ment to get kills, if you want straight up killing power then you want the artillery. Gas is ment to be a pain for the defenders by reducing their field of view, forcing them to mask up to move around the trench and to give long lasting cover for the attackers.

Of course it's also worth noting any changes to the effects will also hit your team as well as it does harm friendlies.
Originally posted by Bishop:
Originally posted by {BAF.RP}R. Pluke:
Makes sense. Idk i just feel like the gas in this game is so underpowered and never really kills anyone. Out of all my deaths iv only been killed by it once and that was because i spawned on my SL and died in it XD
It's not really ment to get kills, if you want straight up killing power then you want the artillery. Gas is ment to be a pain for the defenders by reducing their field of view, forcing them to mask up to move around the trench and to give long lasting cover for the attackers.

Of course it's also worth noting any changes to the effects will also hit your team as well as it does harm friendlies.
True true. I guess it would be unfair if it did actually kill people. Because of people spawning on their Squad Leaders
Bishop Oct 12 @ 2:00am 
Originally posted by {BAF.RP}R. Pluke:
Originally posted by Bishop:
It's not really ment to get kills, if you want straight up killing power then you want the artillery. Gas is ment to be a pain for the defenders by reducing their field of view, forcing them to mask up to move around the trench and to give long lasting cover for the attackers.

Of course it's also worth noting any changes to the effects will also hit your team as well as it does harm friendlies.
True true. I guess it would be unfair if it did actually kill people. Because of people spawning on their Squad Leaders
Killing is ok, if you don't maks up. But crippling them for spawning in it is rather unfair.
Originally posted by Bishop:
Originally posted by {BAF.RP}R. Pluke:
True true. I guess it would be unfair if it did actually kill people. Because of people spawning on their Squad Leaders
Killing is ok, if you don't maks up. But crippling them for spawning in it is rather unfair.
Yup XD
Ok so gas stays the same haha
Axman Oct 13 @ 12:51pm 
What about only giving the "put on your mask" warning for friendly gas?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Verdun > General Discussions > Topic Details