I remember about a year ago, when we thought the game would be pretty much done... Well, that didn't happen, and we have something much more ambitious in our hands than we'd ever had hoped for! Nuclear Throne has really come a long way, and we want to thank you all for being there with us!
This week we've got some sweet balancing and fixes for you, mainly turning Horror into a way more fun character to play as, introducing the sixth Ultra Weapon, and hopefully making laser weapons something comparable to the rest of the arsenal again!
We also have a nice announcement for everyone that owns Nuclear Throne. Here are the closing statements of our last stream of the year, which concluded earlier today.
We also want to ask for your help. In the last year, the community has been amazing at giving us feedback as you all got better at playing Nuclear Throne. We've seen people achieve things we assumed impossible, sometimes within ten hours of starting the game, sometimes after playing for over 500 hours.
You've become really adept Nuclear Throne players, and we want to call upon you for your help. We need new players, people that are great players, that would love Nuclear Throne, and we need them to be part of our community. We're sure you know somebody like that, and if you do, we want to ask you to invite them to the Nuclear Throne community. We need fresh eyes on the game, people that will still get decimated by Big Bandit and that will complain about the ravens in the scrapyard. We need to know how they feel about Nuclear Throne, and we need your help to reach them.
So as a token of appreciation for your continued support, and as a way to grow the community for valuable feedback, we want to give every owner of Nuclear Throne by the end of the year (CET) a free, giftable copy of the game on January 1st. This is a one-time gift, and we're afraid we can't make any exceptions to that date, timezone or any other part of this due to logistics. Some terms and conditions apply because we had to have those logistically, and we'll spell those out in a blog post later. Either way, we hope you bring someone wonderful to the community for 2015.
Onto the changelog!
- Horror's beam no longer gives you rads when it hits walls, but instead gives you back all rads dealt as damage to enemies upon that enemy's death.
- Eyes A Ultra Mutation now makes all projectiles homing. We'd love to know how this impacts your performance, as it's quite some calculations going on when you go wild with a Double Minigun!
- Rogue's Throne Butt now simply makes her strikes more powerful. Still needs some work probably.
- Ultra Grenade Launcher!
- Steroids Throne Butt now produces slightly less when firing both at the same time.
- Damage for most cannons has been increased.
- Messed around with lasers a bit, they're slightly different now.
- Laser Brain has been nerfed a bit for laser weapons.
- Energy Sword and Hammer have been nerfed a bit.
- Recycle Gland has been nerfed a bit.
- Fixed Fish's Throne Butt, making it way more usable!
- Inspectors now also attract Rebel's Allies.
- Lasers glow more, making them feel more powerful.
- Fixed a typo in Horror's Throne Butt!
On behalf of the entire Nuclear Throne team - Vlambeer, Paul, Jukio, Joonas and Justin, we'd like to thank you for your support for Nuclear Throne, your enthusiasm and your feedback.
See you in 2015!